PDA

View Full Version : Scheppach TKU Table Saw

pnienaber
22nd June 2001, 11:24 PM
Does anyone have experience of the Scheppach TKU saw ? I am keen to buy one as they appaer well made. i consodered a Ryobi Bt3000, but they seem to have too many motor problems.
Thanks, Pieter

Shane Watson
23rd June 2001, 09:32 AM
I don't know about there Table saw, but I have a Scheppach bandsaw and I reakon its gotta be one of the better ones on the market for its price. I spent a long time researching tha damn thing before laying the visa down and it seemed to be one better in all aspects. So I can only assume that there other products would be of similar standards.

As for the Ryobi, Its a good machine. People will argue that no doubt. But I know a guy ( who has posted on this board before ) that swears by them and the work he produces is stunning. BUT he has had problems with the motors, but I seem to remember that he was working on somthing to rectify the problem, I could be wrong. Ryobi in the US were of no help to him concerning this situation and in fact seemed quite arogant. If you would like some details to contact this gent, email me.

HTH

Cheers.

------------------
Shane Watson..

Combine Love & Skill & You Can Expect A Masterpiece!

Rod Smith
23rd June 2001, 08:22 PM
G'day Pieter
For a light weight machine I think they are pretty good. There is an optional sliding table which would be useful. The only thing I dont like about them (although never used one) is the motor is directly connected to the blade which gives only small depth of cut for size of blade.
Cheers
Rod

John Saxton
23rd June 2001, 08:58 PM
Hi Pieter,As one who has had a Ryobi BT 3000 in the past I wouldn't recommend it for any of the heavy work that might be considered with a table saw.
Not only is the motor light in it's ability to cope with (real) hardwoods it is expensive to have to replace the two ribbed pulley belts should they give out.The saw is designed to deal with light work and is ideal in a workshop with that in mind.

The name Scheppach is synonymous with the quality of product that they produce and although the cost of their gear is aimed at the middle range, you get machinery that will not only do the job but will see you out.
This was one of the names in machinery that I looked at some years back when updating and I could not find too much fault with them apart from the price tag and some years before GST so no doubt the price is more attractive now.
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Johnno