PDA

View Full Version : Going potty

gus3049
7th October 2012, 08:17 PM
I have just rebuilt a couple of pot cupboards (bedside cabinets with a space for an unmentionable object for those that don't know how the French live:o)

Got on the lathe with a big lump of pear and it just sort of took shape without me noticing.

The wife said "whose side is that for then??"

I guess my mind had been elsewhere:U

hughie
7th October 2012, 11:02 PM
[I have just rebuilt a couple of pot cupboards (bedside cabinets with a space for an unmentionable object for those that don't know how the French live)

]

Havent seen one of those in years :U

dr4g0nfly
8th October 2012, 07:41 AM
They use Pear in mouth-organs because it can stand up to the moisture,so....

eh... maybe not!

gus3049
8th October 2012, 06:44 PM
They use Pear in mouth-organs because it can stand up to the moisture,so....

eh... maybe not!

Perhaps..... I could try the melamine lacquer I use on goblets. You never know.

We are two of those strange people who don't like central heating so when the woodburners die down it gets a bit chilly at night. Maybe its not such a bad idea.

gus3049
9th October 2012, 05:14 AM
Thought I might as well show how the potty turned out. Its about 200mm high and 225mm across the top.

I must stop showing things to my wife. They are supposed to be funding several unfortunate habits not to mention the mortgage. "Ooooo, that will make a lovely plant pot holder" she said:~

I had several 'discussions' on another forum about leaving the mounting socket on my turnings. In the first place, I live in France and do quite a bit of furniture renovation. French furniture looks terrific until you look underneath the hood - when in France....

...plus, I had this all finished, took a pic and didn't like the shape at the bottom. So I remounted it and changed it. That's my argument and I'm sticking to it:;

Christos
9th October 2012, 07:43 AM
Beautiful work.

Are you going to install a handle? :U

gus3049
9th October 2012, 05:26 PM
Beautiful work.

Are you going to install a handle? :U

Thanks Christos.

There is not quite enough room in the cupboard sadly so it looks like its going to be a plant holder:oo:

artme
9th October 2012, 05:31 PM
Good stuphph Gus!! Beautiful decoration!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

gus3049
9th October 2012, 05:51 PM
Good stuphph Gus!! Beautiful decoration!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Thank you.

Jonzjob
9th October 2012, 09:16 PM
Just think Gus. I knew you before you had a pot to put flowerpots in :D:D

Looks good mate and I really like the decoration on its likkle bottom.

I'm with you about leaving the socket on the bottom. There's nowt wrong with the way the French finish the backs of things as long as you don't look roung there :o

When you get to having a look around Carcassonne don't forget to load up with some/loads of the yew you have will you :wink: After all, now yer retarded you've got loads-a-time on yer 'ands in't yer..

gus3049
9th October 2012, 09:38 PM
now yer retarded you've got loads-a-time on yer 'ands in't yer..

Retarded is probably about right. Most of my grey cell seems to be asleep most of the time these days.

Must dash back to the kitchen, I'm cooking the British national dish for some friends this lunchtime. Lamb curry and all the trimmings yummy:U

RETIRED
9th October 2012, 11:32 PM
I have to guess that you 2 know each other and your both fleeing Poms?:D

Jonzjob
10th October 2012, 12:14 AM
We do know eachother from another woodworking forum, but I would never admit that in public :)(

gus3049
10th October 2012, 01:50 AM
We do know eachother from another woodworking forum, but I would never admit that in public :)(

Never seen him before in me life guvnor. I'll deny it even if you find some film proving otherwise.(Oh how topical we are us Brits)

By the way, I'm the sensible, good looking one, couldn't comment on him BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HIM.

and yes, I had a terrific lunch thank you and it was washed down with a considerable portion of France's grape extract. I will probably not remember this post tomorrow:B

Jonzjob
10th October 2012, 03:43 AM
Nobody even asked you about yer lunch already even, but RED with a curry! Phill-o-styne :o

gus3049
10th October 2012, 04:14 AM
Nobody even asked you about yer lunch already even, but RED with a curry! Phill-o-styne :o

Did I mention the colour of the grape??? You have obviously had a basic lack of edification in the culinary arts. Either that or you come from north of the Thames, they are all foreign up there and know nothing about the finer aspects of what to quaff with spicy food.

The answer, in case you are interested, is ANYTHING THAT FLOATS YOUR BOAT:U. As it 'appens, I did have enough to FILL-A-STEIN:hpydans: