PDA

View Full Version : Carrum Downs Pickup

markgray
14th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi all, this is a bit of a long shot. Is anyone going to be picking up items from the Graysonline auction in Carrum Downs next week? If so would you consider picking up some small items for me? Unfortunately I have to be in Queensland next week with work and Grays are very inflexible with there pickups. Pick up days are thur/Fri the 18th and 19th. If you think you can help you can post or PM me your number or call me on 0427921258. Thanks a lot

tea lady
14th October 2012, 12:02 PM
might be able to step in if no one else closer.:cool:

RayG
14th October 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Mark,

Pick up shouldn't be a problem, I'm bidding on some items, and some others on the forum are as well, so I'm sure something can be organized.

Regards
Ray

Greg Q
14th October 2012, 06:33 PM
I might be able to help Mark, depending on my luck.

Greg

Stustoys
14th October 2012, 07:06 PM
I might be able to help Mark, depending on my luck.
+1

Fingers crossed for me lol

Stuart

RayG
14th October 2012, 07:25 PM
Hi Mark,

I see that you are planning to come to the scraping re-union, that might be an opportune time to pick up any winning items, or to beat up those who might outbid you :)

Regards
Ray

markgray
14th October 2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks to all who have replied.
Ray, I still hope to come down for the scrapping reunion so I was hoping that would be an opportune time to pick up any items won.
I suppose we will see how things go and I can post after the auction if I am the lucky bidder.
Thanks again mark

jack620
15th October 2012, 07:57 PM
I went and had a look at the auction site today. If you are bidding on the test bars (Lot 49) you may like to know that they don't have centre holes in the ends. Maybe that's not a problem, but it seemed a bit odd to me.

Stustoys
16th October 2012, 12:05 AM
I went and had a look at the auction site today.
Did you notice all the lead sheilding on the back of the beam welder? Whats going on there!

Stuart

jack620
16th October 2012, 07:54 AM
Didn't see that Stuart. But then I don't know what a beam welder looks like! :-

Stustoys
16th October 2012, 09:55 AM
Something like this. Arrowed in the first picture is the corner of a full size forklift pallet.
The "doorway" would be about 7ft high. The door is 1"+ thick.
The yellow stickers in the second picture are radiation warnings.
Maybe I should run anything I get past a geiger counter :rolleyes:

No! if you buy it I wont pick it up for you ;)

Stuart

markgray
16th October 2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks Jack, That obviously makes them much less useful. One wonders how they were ''precision ground" if no centres drilled. That may be an interesting job if I remain the winning bidder. This is the downside to buying sight unseen where the descriptions are written by people who don't often know much about what they are descibing. Thanks again for the heads up. Mark

jack620
16th October 2012, 11:17 AM
Stuart,
I saw that big steel box. I thought it was a Tardis.

Mark,
Don't feel too bad- I also bid on a few lots before inspecting them. Having seen one of them I'm not sure I want it. At the current price I can probably salvage a few useful bits out of it. Knowing my luck I'll get flogged on the items I want and win the items I don't! If I do win anything I'm happy to pick up any items you win.

Chris

pipeclay
16th October 2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks Jack, That obviously makes them much less useful. One wonders how they were ''precision ground" if no centres drilled. That may be an interesting job if I remain the winning bidder. This is the downside to buying sight unseen where the descriptions are written by people who don't often know much about what they are descibing. Thanks again for the heads up. Mark
Centreless ground would come to mind.

jack620
16th October 2012, 12:23 PM
pipeclay,
what do you use a centre-less test bar for though? I would like one for centring my tailstock, but it would need centre in each end.

pipeclay
16th October 2012, 04:25 PM
Did this Auction listing state that these ground test bars were for setting up lathe Headstocks and Tailstocks?

markgray
16th October 2012, 04:39 PM
I did manage to win a couple of items at the auction. Did anyone else? If so would you be happy to pick up mine as well? Let me know.

Pipeclay
Having won the centreless bars is it possible to drill an accurate enough centre hole myself. Any thoughts on the best approach to do this ?
Thanks Mark

RayG
16th October 2012, 05:15 PM
Hi Mark,

I picked up the HP Laser Interferometer, and plan to be collecting it on Friday, Stuart also picked up a few nice bargains, I see Phil got that big granite square, and RC got the Level.

Regards
Ray

jack620
16th October 2012, 05:34 PM
I got the GMF pedestal grinder for $99++

jack620
16th October 2012, 05:45 PM
Did this Auction listing state that these ground test bars were for setting up lathe Headstocks and Tailstocks?

I don't believe so. I'm still trying to figure out what these test bars are used for.

Stustoys
16th October 2012, 06:03 PM
Its a Grays auction, lucky they werent listed as shiny paper weights.

I did manage to win a couple of items at the auction. Did anyone else? If so would you be happy to pick up mine as well? Let me know.
Just how big are they? I have a few bits and piece to pick up but I should have some room as long its not a beam welder :wink:.

I got the GMF pedestal grinder for $99++
Is that a 240V one?

Didnt get my wet and dry paper, grays spat my bid back and I ran out of time :(

Stuart

Greg Q
16th October 2012, 06:08 PM
I think those test bars might be for chucking up in a mill collet to set a universal head for example. I have an MT4 one for my Deckel used on both spindles and the dividing head. The auction items are 40mm dia and 25mm dia. They did seem to be in good shape...ie no rust or dings.

Greg

Frustrated that the one thing I really wanted was jammed in a pallet of Fadal parts. And I'll probably never find a whoopee cushion that large again!

But I did score that Eclipse demagnetiser for my wife's many credit cards.

jack620
16th October 2012, 06:12 PM
Is that a 240V one?

No, 415V.

jack620
16th October 2012, 06:22 PM
Does whoopee cushion size matter? - YouTube (http://youtu.be/bkAVGu8nwxQ)

pipeclay
16th October 2012, 06:30 PM

Pipeclay
Having won the centreless bars is it possible to drill an accurate enough centre hole myself. Any thoughts on the best approach to do this ?
Thanks Mark
If these bars are not hard it shouldnt be a problem,you would need to set them up true,I would drill and turn the centre.

Stustoys
16th October 2012, 07:20 PM
But I did score that Eclipse demagnetiser for my wife's many credit cards.
ummmmmm I would have thought it will get used on your cards first lol. I head that sort of behaviour off by using her card. :)
I got some dial gauge stands, spring balancer, white boards and an adjustable angle plate.

Stuart

Greg Q
16th October 2012, 07:22 PM
ummmmmm I would have thought it will get used on your cards first lol. I head that sort of behaviour off by using her card. :)
I got some dial gauge stands, spring balancer, white boards and an adjustable angle plate.

Stuart

My turn to drive if you want to pool

Greg

.RC.
16th October 2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Mark,

I picked up the HP Laser Interferometer, and plan to be collecting it on Friday, Stuart also picked up a few nice bargains, I see Phil got that big granite square, and RC got the Level.

Regards
Ray

Not this RC anyway.... I did not bid on anything... Got no $$

markgray
16th October 2012, 07:39 PM
Is anyone who is picking up stuff for themselves going to the scraping reunion with Phil on 3rd/4th Nov. I'm hoping to come down and it would be perfect to pick up the items then. Other than the test bars there is a toolbox with some carbide inserts and some BT40 tool holders in a tub. I would need to fax some papers to allow you to pick up my items. If you can help let me know you phone number and I can give you a ring to arrange details.
Thanks in advance Mark

Stustoys
16th October 2012, 07:50 PM
Not this RC anyway.... I did not bid on anything... Got no $$
Seems there are at least two R.C's in QLD then.

My turn to drive if you want to pool
I wanted to get there at opening on Thursday so nothing evaporates if that suits? The biggest thing I have is the 3off 900x600mm white boards. I may well be back there Friday as well. lol
Stuart

.RC.
16th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Seems there are at least two R.C's in QLD then.

But only one good looking one...:wink::wink:

RayG
16th October 2012, 09:13 PM
But only one good looking one...:wink::wink:

The "other" RC (from shelton QLD) got that square level but I should have realized that wasn't the good looking one :)... besides Shelton is up near Townsville, long way from Rocky.

Regards
Ray

Machtool
16th October 2012, 09:23 PM
I pushed the skates and jacks to $3550. I couldn't be stuffed any more, that was still going on at 4.25. after the auction finished. I had too much to do to waste any more time on it.

Good thing that level wasn't yours, a guy I am working with, come racing up the stairs and wanted me to bid on it, His Iphone bounced him, he wanted to throw a few more hundred at it. I missed it by seconds. I think that was a Czech level. I did get the square.

All this was going on, while I'm trying to finish up getting some machine into containers and flat racks for export. First machine is due out tomorrow.

Here's what it looks like tonight. A vac bag and two crates fully erected.

This was the state of play last night. Just after we swung the second machine on its flat rack.

Phil.

Greg Q
16th October 2012, 09:23 PM
The "other" RC (from shelton QLD) got that square level but I should have realized that wasn't the good looking one :)... besides Shelton is up near Townsville, long way from Rocky.

Regards
Ray

What? It's like 25 minutes-half hour tops. :plane:

jack620
16th October 2012, 09:28 PM
Mark,
Due to work commitments I'm going to have to get my brother to pick up my grinder. It would be better if somebody else could get your items. If nobody else can help you I will ask him to grab the items for you.
Cheers,
Chris