PDA

View Full Version : Aldi Tools & Thanks to Morrisman Mike

Abratool
20th October 2012, 04:47 PM
Today, I noticed a "Special" on at Aldi for a $20 Recharchable Screwdriver pistol grip tool, that can also be quickly configured to a straight tool.
I went & purchased it, & got to thinking about a Digital Vernier Caliper purchased at the same place 12 mths ago, on Morrismans prompting. The Vernier was all of $20
The Digital Vernier has performed so well, that confidence was gained in these various Tools.
OK got a bit carried away!
Purchased.....
Torque Wrench
Auto Shading Welding Shield
5" Angle Grinder
Csk Drill set.
Set of Hole Punches
I keep saying "one cannot have enough tools"
Thanks again Mike for motivating me to get more tools!
regards
Bruce

Ueee
20th October 2012, 05:24 PM
Hehe, guess where I am now, in the checkout line...... I got one of the auto welding helmets a few weeks back and the quality of the unit is surprisingly good. Some drill bits and plug cutters fell in my shopping nag just now....:D

morrisman
20th October 2012, 06:11 PM
Yes I noticed the welding helmets there last week. I haven't seen the torque wrench at my local store yet , but no doubt it will turn up . I bought the O ring set , in those plastic boxes , like 200 in a box or something like that . I think the stock varies from state to state . The hose clamp sets work very well, they are ideal to have in your car in case a hose lets go sometime .

The tap & die sets are a good buy , the set comes with a 1/4" BSP tap which is very handy as most rural hardware suppliers sell those fittings .

You have to be selective , some of the tools look a bit iffy but the overall quality is better than the Super crap Auto junk .

Mike

Pat
20th October 2012, 07:47 PM
I noticed on the 18v battery drill that the after market support is an email to Einhell, even though the tools are branded Taurus. Unfortunately for me I already have a 10mm 18v battery drill. In the last 2 weeks, I've needed my old 1/2" Makita battery drill . . .

welder
20th October 2012, 08:54 PM
I find Aldi tools fantastic all of my airtools are from them and they are yet to fail after about 2 years and the quality seem good.

simonl
30th October 2012, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

Just came from Aldi and noticed they are selling a 750ml capacity ultrasonic jewellery cleaner. It may be a bit on the small side but for $25 someone may have a use for it with small parts.

Cheers,

Simon