ninpoman
22nd October 2012, 08:02 PM
have you used it before

SAISAY
22nd October 2012, 09:54 PM
Years ago

ian
22nd October 2012, 10:49 PM
Don't know much about TurbioCAD, but does the low price mean some critical component -- like a dongle or full access code is missing?

malb
24th October 2012, 06:58 PM
I followed the earlier versions of TC from around V6 through to V12 giving it a moderate workout. I recently started using V19, again as a light to moderate user. The program (as you would expect) is very different from the early versions and has a lot more features (many that I would not need to use). Seems to be more stable/reliable than the earlier versions, pre V10 were very rough. Will run smoothly on a 2.2GHz dual core 1GB laptop, but is very low loading (about a minute and a half) with no indication that it is working at it for you. Seems to run smoothly once loaded however. I suspect that the learning curve is more of a step than a curve unless (after learning a version fully) you transition from version to version as the program evolves, the jump from a modestly capable V12 user to V19 has been huge.

Hope this helps

ian
24th October 2012, 09:52 PM
Is it worth buying?

The recommended retail is $1495.- but I an opportunity to buy it for $299.-

Should I or shouldn't I?Hi Saisay
I just looked at the TurboCAD web site
$299 looks like the standard price for version 9 Pro
$1495 buys you TurboCAD Pro Platinum

Do you know what the difference is between the versions?

damian
25th October 2012, 08:30 PM
pro 19 is $1295

TurboCAD Pro 19 (http://www.turbocad.com/TurboCAD/TurboCADWindows/TurboCADPro19/tabid/1868/Default.aspx)

This is the cheapest legitimate source I've found for turbocad:

CAD and Graphics Inc - Your Source for CAD Software and Graphics products including TurboCAD, CAD Software, and the IRIS Business Card Scanner (http://www.cadandgraphics.com)

They also sell on ebay where you can get better deals.

Older versions are heavily discounted. I have 14 pro platinum.

The feature set in pro over deluxe is large and signifigant, but it depends on what your using it for. The difference between pro and pro platinum is less important.

I strongly recommend the learning books. IMO the video training is hopeless. There is an active user forum.\

As said the older turbocad was a running joke in the 90's but I am impressed with teh recent pro versions.

I would be very interested in a legal source of pro 19 for $299.

Should you buy ? well do you need it ? If you'd pay $1500 then $299 is a bargain. If your wouldn't otherwise buy it then you spending $299 on something you wouldn't otherwise buy. It's not a bargain if you don't need it.