PDA

View Full Version : Cedar segmented lidded box with lid decoration

Ad de Crom
25th October 2012, 02:49 AM
This cedar lidded box is 240 mm in diameter, 95 mm in height including the knob.
Finished with acrylic lacquer.
Grabbed by my wife for wrapped cookies.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers, Ad

Jonzjob
25th October 2012, 05:22 AM
Ad, I am willing to bet that your wifes cakes are jus as light as the box!!

That is a real cracker and I think that it's up to your normal standard!

Ad de Crom
25th October 2012, 06:00 AM
John, thanks, I wonder what kind of wrapped cookies she means, but this is not my concern, anyway I had fun with making this lidded box. It's a reward for me that she liked it.

angryranga
25th October 2012, 07:18 AM
Ad, Beautiful as per usual, I wish I could get more time in the workshop you seem to turn these out pretty quickly.:2tsup:

Jonzjob
25th October 2012, 07:26 AM
Ad, I am not going to ask you what your rewards are :- but I am willing to bet that if you are rewarded for your work then there are lots of them!!:D

I have turned cedar a few times and the result is so feather light it is amazing. I love the contrast of the inlay and the handle on the lid. A very simple design, but not so the making me-thinks!!

I hope to surprise you with my next, or maybe the next after the next or so, project?:;

artme
25th October 2012, 07:38 AM
Another fine box Ad!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rod Gilbert
25th October 2012, 08:10 AM
Hi Ad de Crom,
A very nice job the contrast of color look's great.
Regards Rod.:):2tsup:

wheelinround
25th October 2012, 08:45 AM
First class as usual Ad good choice of colours. I do understand your wife snapping it up this time of year mine does similar people love functional presents and its something from both of you.

powderpost
25th October 2012, 11:54 AM
Another nice job Ad. I always look forward to seeing your work, very nice as usual.. :2tsup:
Jim

torchwood
25th October 2012, 05:04 PM
Beautiful. Theft by relos is very prevalent in this hobby :~

smiife
25th October 2012, 07:22 PM
well done ad,very nicely done as usual
i wish i had your patience
cheers smiife:2tsup: