PDA

View Full Version : Why cats crack me up so much....no pics I'm afraid

FenceFurniture
29th October 2012, 08:34 PM
G'day

What I wouldn't give to have a digital image capturing device wired to my retinas! Last night Lola and I were watching TV (Fawlty Towers as it happens, so we were already in a laughing state). Blackatter had thunderously chased Lizzie into the loungeroom and bailed her up just out of our sightline, but we had full vissie of the aggressor. Lizzie was about 2 inches out of view around the corner of the couch, and not at all happy about her brother's advances.

As usual she was all 'n wind, yowling and snarling (when nothing was actually happening) and proceeded to give him a whack on the forehead with her right paw. This created a very audible "THWACK". Bear in mind that all we can see of Lizzie is the extended last 2-3 inches of her right paw, and only when she was striking.

This looked like continuing, so Fawlty went on hold so we could concentrate on this hassling. She proceeded to give him three more clawless and very audible blows, which cracked us up. Each one in the same spot, and lightning fast. The last blow was fully inclusive of claws which sort of slid off his forehead and down to his ear. The boy decided that this was grounds for an escalation, and so full-on biffo ensued, only to be resolved by Lizzie running away with him on very hot pursuit.

Rightio, back to Fawlty then.

Nursie (who is the subject of my avatar) still hasn't learnt that glass is an impenetrable barrier to the moths that gather at night. Lizzie and the boy worked this out a while ago, but Nurse continues to pound away at them, creating much mirth. Blackatter is amazingly fast at catching these when they come within a metre in any direction. He doesn't always get a tight grip (coz he likes to eat 'em whole) and sometimes they get away again. But kee-rist he's quick with his arms. I'm his accomplice atm because it must be Bogong season - as I'm standing outside smoking I'll herd them in through the kitchen door (glass) for the hungry mob to chase down. When I've finished the fag I'll often go in and help bring them down into range from the kitchen lights, and other times I'll pick up the boy and take him into range. He's quite adept at this - sometimes he gets a bit too vigorous to safely (for me) hold on to.

I gotta say, it beats the hell outta me why they like moths so much - I know they're a nice little hit of protein and fat, but the dusty wings must feel shiddouse on their palate! But they all like them so much that they make frustrated noises when they can see one out of range. In fact I can hear it in the background right now.

All good fun!

Cheers

NCArcher
31st October 2012, 09:09 PM
I can picture it. :)
Just don't fall asleep with those moths around.
Simon's Cat 'Fly Guy' - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I1qHVVbYG8Y)

Grumpy John
7th November 2012, 07:00 PM
Love all the Simon's Cat vids. This one is my favourite.
Simon's Cat 'Let Me In!' - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=4rb8aOzy9t4&NR=1)

Our cat Jonah (sadly, no longer with us), playing with some of our Mini Schnauzer puppies. Most of the people that came to buy pups from us wanted to take him home with them.
Puppy Love - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQYbOApcoP4)

FenceFurniture
7th November 2012, 07:15 PM
Love all the Simon's Cat vids. This one is my favourite.
Simon's Cat 'Let Me In!' - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=4rb8aOzy9t4&NR=1)

Our cat Jonah (sadly, no longer with us), playing with some of our Mini Schnauzer puppies. Most of the people that came to buy pups from us wanted to take him home with them.
Puppy Love - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQYbOApcoP4)

What a cracking good cat GJ! It brings back memories of Arfa Boy (a full Burmese) who used to kick the shidoutta a kitten litter we had. :D

I note that Jonah could have chosen to take his tail completely out of range, but chose to tease them with it instead.

Grumpy John
7th November 2012, 07:45 PM
What a cracking good cat GJ! It brings back memories of Arfa Boy (a full Burmese) who used to kick the shidoutta a kitten litter we had. :D

I note that Jonah could have chosen to take his tail completely out of range, but chose to tease them with it instead.

Cats are so much smarter than dogs.

FenceFurniture
7th November 2012, 07:57 PM
Cats are so much smarter than dogs. Although you're technically wrong, you're dead right when it comes to Street Smarts and staying on top with the subtle use of psychology.

ozhunter
7th November 2012, 11:01 PM
Although you're technically wrong, you're dead right when it comes to Street Smarts and staying on top with the subtle use of psychology.

I don't think I've ever seen a cat use subtle psychology. They usually have a look on their mug that says "Now, I'm gonna manipulate you into doing what I want, how I want it, but you - as a dumb human - will not be aware that you have just been manipulated. And once I'm done manipulating you for my own ends, I will show you the choclate starfish as I saunter off to find my next victim"

FenceFurniture
7th November 2012, 11:15 PM
...choclate starfish

I always thought it was the tomato stalk.