PDA

View Full Version : Complimentry Templetes

burk
4th November 2012, 03:43 PM
Hi,
Am having probs. with this one.
As you can see from the Pics. am trying to join a piece in the middle.
Have searched and read through the forum,and some very good info I am getting to,but am not able to find to much om complimentry templates.
Its the lid of a box that cracked and split down the middle,so thought I would be artyfarty and make it all curvy in the middle and stick a piece in the middle.Ha!
Have tried the Book technique of Carol Reed,Router Joinery Wookshop but it is not working.
Have not been able to work out where to get a 1/4" by 21/2"with a 3/4" bearing to start the offset cut.
And is one stop collar enough to keep the bearing in place,stop it moving up.
Have looked very hard at the pics. in the book and she seems to have only one.?
Tried a 19mm,3/4" bearing on a 1/4" cutter and it turned to custard.Not enough to hold the routerbit sharft in the collet.
Would someon be able to direct me to a place in the forum where this is discussed.
Offsets and how to achieve it.Size cutter,bearing,template guides.
Any help or directions would be very appreciated
Thank You
burk:whatonearth:

Template Tom
4th November 2012, 06:25 PM
What template guides do you have access to? I suppose there is avariety of combinations that can be used I have taken time to make a drawing on my computer with one combination and so far it seems ok. Not having the opportunity to test it out but I recon you will need a template for each edge and it might be better if you can smooth off some of the curves to make the radius as large as possible239528

burk
6th November 2012, 04:18 PM
What template guides do you have access to? I suppose there is avariety of combinations that can be used I have taken time to make a drawing on my computer with one combination and so far it seems ok. Not having the opportunity to test it out but I recon you will need a template for each edge and it might be better if you can smooth off some of the curves to make the radius as large as possible239528

Inside Dia. Outside Dia
17/64" 5/16"

9/32" 3/8"

11/32" 7/16"

13/32" 1/2"

17/32" 17/32"

5/8" 13/16"

27/32" 1"

1-19/64" 1-3/8"

This is this set I have
Thanks
Template Tom

Template Tom
6th November 2012, 05:20 PM
As you are using imperial guides I think you would get the same results with a1-1/8" guide and a 3/8" cutter or a 3/4" Guide with a 1/4" cutter. What I have put up was a metric combination
Tom

burk
6th November 2012, 05:50 PM
Guess I will have to get some more guides.
Thanks Tom