PDA

View Full Version : drill press vice

Redback
4th April 2005, 12:37 PM
Just got one of these for my DP.

Am trying to think of a way to attach it but also be able to quick release it.

Has anyone else found a solution that allows you to be able to quickly attach and unattach a DP vice?

cheers

RB

NewLou
4th April 2005, 01:45 PM
<!--StartFragment --> http://www.ubeaut.biz/ohreally.gif

Any chance of A Pic Redback? I'm not to sure what your up to on this one..................."Quick release" :confused:

REgards Lou :)

Iain
4th April 2005, 02:43 PM
I just use 3/8 wingnuts.....thats if I attach it as I find you can get a decent grip on the handle.

mic-d
4th April 2005, 05:42 PM
some flavour of vice grip?
cheers
Michael

NewLou
4th April 2005, 06:30 PM
aaaaaaaaRRRRRRRRr

I think I'm with it now!!!.........................If you've made your own custom table (Highly Recommended) I'd be using T-Track. That way all you'd have to do is simply slide the Drill press vice in or out as required However probably only a little less hassle than Ians suggestion.

For me though I'll be going with the T Track in a custom table...........I'll do anything to make things easier!!!!

REgards Lou :D:D:D

barnsey
4th April 2005, 06:34 PM
G'day redback,

I'm at a bit of a loss too!!

Only time I've ever used it bolted down was when making a production run of Stainless steel brackets for a boat job. So I guess it's wingnuts on coach bolts in most cases. Need more info if you've got a particular problem to solve :o

Jamie

Sturdee
4th April 2005, 07:24 PM
I have mine mounted on a piece of timber with modified T-nuts and slide them into the T-track (sail track) of my drill press extension table when needed.

This old photo posted under my workshop (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=847) shows it hanging on the wall ( bit hard to see being white on white ) near the ceiling next to the SCMS together with the drill press extension table.

Peter.

echnidna
4th April 2005, 08:35 PM
use a g clamp or 2

paul.cleary
5th April 2005, 12:57 PM
I use 2 10mm bolts and wingnuts (with big washers) on the end of the bolts that poke through to under the table.
I can tighten the wingnuts good enough by hand to keep the vice fixed in place for most work.
Paul

Redback
5th April 2005, 01:19 PM
lots of good ideas. thanks all