PDA

View Full Version : Cider

Old-Biker-UK
12th November 2012, 09:49 AM
Moved house last year and now own apple trees & cider press.
Had the grandchildren working this afternoon and we crushed apples & pressed 5 gallons of juice.
Shame they are too young to enjoy the cider, I will just have to drink it all myself.......
Mark

Chesand
12th November 2012, 10:55 AM
I will just have to drink it all myself.......
Mark

I am sure that you will cope.:D:D

chambezio
12th November 2012, 12:45 PM
That Hugh Fernley-Whittingstal likes his cidar
I am envious. Its not cheap to buy here either. How soon will you be able to sample the brew?
I have an apple tree here that I have never eaten an apple from for the whole 15 years its been growing.POSSOMS
The little varmints can't wait until any are ripe they eat them green.
But they are cute little guys

wheelinround
12th November 2012, 01:30 PM
That Hugh Fernley-Whittingstal likes his cidar
I am envious. Its not cheap to buy here either. How soon will you be able to sample the brew?
I have an apple tree here that I have never eaten an apple from for the whole 15 years its been growing.POSSOMS
The little varmints can't wait until any are ripe they eat them green.
But they are cute little guys

:p Old Biker maybe a Pom Rod but no need to do your Dame Edna impersonation on him

Mark I bet its a top brew looking at the press it a big one might need a bigger barrel

chambezio
12th November 2012, 01:36 PM
Ray
We could go over there to sample the brew......just to sure that its OK(Dame Edna indeed)

wheelinround
12th November 2012, 01:41 PM
Ray
We could go over there to sample the brew......just to sure that its OK(Dame Edna indeed)

:2tsup: Meet you at the airport Rob

Old-Biker-UK
13th November 2012, 12:22 AM
:2tsup: Meet you at the airport Rob

Always ready to share.....
I've brought the 5 gallons indoors so it should ferment out in a couple of weeks. I might add a bit of extra sugar & poke the alcohol %age up a bit.
Mark

weaver
24th February 2017, 03:33 PM
LoL Your basket looks a tad undersized for the pressing beams.

I'm about to get cracking on my new press.

Old-Biker-UK
26th February 2017, 08:51 PM
Not wrong!
That was made years ago for a small press I when I was into wine making.
I have plans to build a bigger basket to the same design using rings rolled up from stainless strip but have yet to get around to it .
Mark

weaver
26th February 2017, 09:02 PM
I've just started my press thread. Currently working on the video to show off the tools I'll be using to build it.