PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts

sjm
13th November 2012, 08:42 AM
Well it's getting towards that time of year again, so I've started making a few small items. I stumbled across some new pot pourri lids, so decided to make a pair of goblet-bowls. They're about 90mm in diameter, turned from old redgum house stumps.

TTIT
13th November 2012, 01:52 PM
Very nice :2tsup: I also like pics of timber taken on black velvet like that but for some reason the 'experts' frown on it :shrug: .

Scott
13th November 2012, 04:38 PM
Very nice :2tsup: I also like pics of timber taken on black velvet like that but for some reason the 'experts' frown on it :shrug: .

+1 for the image, great work :)

dai sensei
13th November 2012, 11:13 PM
:2tsup:

Rod Gilbert
13th November 2012, 11:28 PM
Beautiful work they look great :2tsup:and where did you get the lid's
We are so blessed with timber in this country and yet in the past it was valued so low as to relegate it to fence post's, framing timber and house stump's. I remember using some 100 year old teak house stump's when someone mentioned teak around the Tweed ( northern NSW) you new they were talking about crow's ash known locally as Australian Teak. I have also turned some bowls from old fence posts (I swapped for some burnt rosewood log beautiful for natural edge bowl's) they were all fiddle back red gum from one end to the other holes through for the wire and all.
Regards Rod.

Jonzjob
13th November 2012, 11:31 PM
I like those too. Nice finish. The only thing I would change on them is the foot is a bit small for me. Lovely jobs though.

TT, one definition of an expert is -- an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure :D:D:D

sjm
14th November 2012, 01:54 PM
... where did you get the lid's

Lids came from here:
CWS Store - Faux Crystals Mini Lids | Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/category/faux-crystals-mini-lids)

bosox
16th November 2012, 04:14 AM
You really make this fun! That is a very nice gift for Christmas.

Dalboy
16th November 2012, 06:58 AM
Like these +1 for slightly larger feet. The Red Gum certainly has a warm glow to it wish we had something like that here in the UK