PDA

View Full Version : thread adaptor

BOBGLEN1
29th September 2001, 12:02 AM
I bought an old wood lathe and it is in perfect condition but the only snag is the headstock thread is 7/8 whit thread and all my attachments are3/4 whit thread, Ive exhausted all avenues that I can think of in Brisbane to get an adapter but no luck.Have tried to get one turned up but nobodys interested in doing such a small job in a one of situation. usually the min charge quoted is $50 and upwards. I thought perhaps may be some one can point me in the right direction. you guys have helped when ive had a problem before and I appreciate very much the assistance very much
Thanks Bobglen1

------------------

ubeaut
29th September 2001, 12:37 AM
G'day Bob - $50 might seem like a lot to pay for an adaptor but I'll warrant it is a heck of a lot cheaper than replacing the attachments.

Personally I would be a bit wary of adapting a thread size down. It is very common to adapt up to a larger thread, but down I'm not so sure.

Maybe you could have the drive spindle re-tapped to 3/4". Seems a wast but might be an alternative. Wodn't reckon there would be any change from $50 though.

Good luck - Neil http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

Roger Peine
5th October 2001, 07:53 PM
Have you tried carba-tec? I remember getting a 7/8" X 24 or.. 28TPI for my tecknatool a couple of years ago..was around $20.00