PDA

View Full Version : HM-48 DRO issue.

kraits
26th November 2012, 08:09 PM
every time i turn on the mill of late the DRO shows -385.85mm or something like that,turned it off and on many times, still nothing happening. any suggestions?

pipeclay
26th November 2012, 09:45 PM
Are you moving any of the axis,and the readout is not changing?
Are you zeroing the readout and turning the readout off and when you turn it back on it shows that reading?
Are you turning your mill off and the readout goes off with it and when you turn the mill on again the readout shows those figures?

Greg Q
26th November 2012, 10:17 PM
Is there an internal battery that is on its death bed?

Greg

kraits
26th November 2012, 10:30 PM
Is there an internal battery that is on its death bed?

Greg

when i say DRO i mean just the digital meter for depth of cut, wouldn't imagine it has a battery but will have a look, if i cant work it out i will cruch it under my boot:((

Dave J
27th November 2012, 09:48 AM
If it's the type I am thinking it has a batter. The slide opening cover for it should be near the display.

Dave

toolman49
27th November 2012, 10:17 AM
G'Day Kraits,
when L.C.D. displays lock up, removing the battery for a few minutes will usually clear the lockup (probably a good opportunity to fit a new battery) cheap LR44 Alkaline batteries are not worth the trouble, SR 44 Silver Oxide batteries last much longer.
Regards,
Martin

kraits
27th November 2012, 03:55 PM
thanks, turns out it was the battery, i just thought it would have been hard wired in, guess not, thanks again.

Sterob
27th November 2012, 10:21 PM
thanks, turns out it was the battery, i just thought it would have been hard wired in, guess not, thanks again.

Make sure you don't touch the new battery with your bare fingers. If you have, take it out and give it a clean with metho or contact cleaner.