PDA

View Full Version : Oak oval jewelry box

Ad de Crom
1st December 2012, 11:50 PM
Made out of recycled oak (old bedposts)
Nice for filling of some time in a wintry cold shop (4C), with the help of a fan heater, and a thick sweater.
I'm not complaining, it's the time of the year.
Axis sizes 160x125 mm total height 65 mm.
Finished as usual with acrylic lacquer.
Thanks for looking.
Ad

Dalboy
2nd December 2012, 12:13 AM
Great job Ad did you do this with a home made jig, if so any chance of some photo's of it:2tsup:

Ad de Crom
2nd December 2012, 12:28 AM
Great job Ad did you do this with a home made jig, if so any chance of some photo's of it:2tsup:

Thank you Digger, homemade device, as shown in this work in progress picture (busy with shaping the box)

Jonzjob
2nd December 2012, 03:44 AM
Up to your normal standard Ad :D They are lovely and it has always fascinated me just how you built such a machine!

What sort of speed can you use with it???

If I remember correctly (that would make a change :B ) you did a WIP on your oval jig? If so, is there any chance of you posting it again please?

Ad de Crom
2nd December 2012, 05:14 AM
Up to your normal standard Ad :D They are lovely and it has always fascinated me just how you built such a machine!

What sort of speed can you use with it???

If I remember correctly (that would make a change :B ) you did a WIP on your oval jig? If so, is there any chance of you posting it again please?

John, if you like it, I have design and detail drawings of this device if you are interested. If so, send me a PM, as I miss your e-mail address.
The running speed of this device is up to 500 rpm.
Thank you John

Jonzjob
2nd December 2012, 08:29 AM
Thank you Ad. PM sent..

artme
2nd December 2012, 12:19 PM
Well done again Ad!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

powderpost
2nd December 2012, 08:42 PM
Another nice job Ad, 4 degrees??? We had a cold winter this year, it got down to a low 12 degrees c. :)
How did you fix the job to the chuck?
Jim

Jonzjob
2nd December 2012, 09:57 PM
JC and his 12 mates Jim!! I'm gald it don't get that cold here. All we had last Feb was -11ºC with a wind chill of -18 for a couple of daze mate! And the reason we moved to the South of France was for the warm:C :C But it's dry, not like the U.K. where it's damp through the winter!

Thread hijack over, sorry!!:D