PDA

View Full Version : Get Lucky

Termite
7th April 2005, 02:40 PM
Following advice given by Derek in some of the posts from the past, I haunted ebay untill the right thing came up.
Now I don't wish to gloat, okay maybe a little bit, but this week I won the bidding for a brand new Starrett Square set with square head, satin chrome metric rule, centre finder, and protractor. The square head and centre finder are the steel kind not the cast iron ones.
And the good news US$103.50.or US$127.50 with express freight to Australia.
HeHeHeHeHeHe :D :D :D :D

peter
7th April 2005, 03:04 PM
Well done Termite. I just picked up a bargin on ebay too. I got a Freud SD208 8" Dado set for USD$60. Now I know it's the lower end of the Freud range but for $60 US it's a bargin, and it cuts damn clean. :D :D :D

Peter.

numbat
7th April 2005, 03:15 PM
Good one Termite. And the metric rule is a bonus.

Cheers

outback
7th April 2005, 03:22 PM
Dear Mr Termite.............................Mongrel. :mad:

I've been looking occaisionally, when time permits, and I feel like it for exactly what you have just bought.

Maybe I shoulda upped the enthusiasm level. Well done, no excuses now is there. :D

ryanarcher
7th April 2005, 05:03 PM
Strong Work Termite! you'll never regret the purchase. I think I have the cast iron set. what are the advantages of the steel set? anyway, you can't spend too much on layout tools, and you have certainly found a bargain.
-Ryan

Termite
7th April 2005, 05:50 PM
Strong Work Termite! you'll never regret the purchase. I think I have the cast iron set. what are the advantages of the steel set? anyway, you can't spend too much on layout tools, and you have certainly found a bargain.
-Ryan
The steel set lasts longer, Ha Ha I'm 61 so I think it will see me out.