PDA

View Full Version : My Dog Needs Urgent help

ghamgarry
6th December 2012, 02:06 PM
Hi,
I have a flat nose dog,a Pug that suffers heat stress. My Vet advised me to make an Oxygen Box that consists of a plastic container connected to an Oxygen supply. I bought a brand new Gas Cylinder from the States but no one will fill it. I went to BOC yesterday and they would not fill it so I had no option to give in and rent one of their Cylinders. Well, I have to open an Account, pay a filling fee of $42.00 plus $10.00 a month rental on their Gas Cylinder. When they realized it was for a dog, they said I needed a letter from my Vet. I have since got this but I don't like the attitude of these BOC People. My question is is it possible to get my own Gas Cylinder filled anywhere here in Brisbane. My dog suffered a heat stress attack this morning and I was lucky enough to get to it in time and cool him down but I desperately need an Oxygen Cylinder. I will go back to BOC for my dogs sake but is there an alternative?Thank-you.

chambezio
6th December 2012, 04:42 PM
Mate,
There has been an on going grumble about the use and rental of gas cylinders.
BOC are probably the biggest supplier but a sift through your Yellow Pages will reveal more suppliers who may be better to deal with. Linde gas is one that comes to mind but I am sure there would be more.
I know that BOC do offer short term rental on their bottles. I this because when I handed in my acetylene bottle and just keep my Oxygen ac open they offered me any sized bottle with a week or 2weeks or even a month only rental. If the dawg will only need the Oxy during the hotter months you would only need to rent for that time each year.
I feel sorry for you and your Pal with his problem. I hope you can get it sorted quick for the dawgs sake

SAISAY
15th December 2012, 07:47 PM
When my daughter had a Boston Terrier we had the same problem.
We always kept a couple of filled hot water bottles in the freezer, when the dog showed signs of distress, it was quick to get a bottle out of the freezer, wrap it in a tea towel and place it on the belly of the dog. That cooled her down quickly.
We used the same trick in the showring for our boxers.
The little plastic bottles that are made to put in the freezer to keep drinks cool are great to.