PDA

View Full Version : carports

Bear
8th April 2005, 10:46 PM
I am about to build a shed and was going to put a carport beside it does anyone have any suggestions where I can get a plan etc to build a carport that I can use as a guide

Regards

Bear

Gingermick
8th April 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm also building a carport soon and am drawing some plans. I work for a consultant engineer so I can get it certified cheaply. I can send you that plan when its finished if you want.
mick

Scooterscum
9th April 2005, 07:33 PM
If it is a double carport you are doing plans for, I too would be interested in a copy!
Regards
Simon

Barry_White
10th April 2005, 12:23 AM
If you call Ezyframe on 1800 672 766 and speak to Terry Riley he will quote you a carport which is computer designed and engineered any size you want to the nearest 10mm attached or free standing.

It would be manufactured from galvanised "C" section with RHS posts.

They will also supply council drawings if required.

It would be delivered by Bluescope Lysaght just about any where in Australia.

I used to work for them but no longer have any affiliation.

Bear
13th April 2005, 01:53 PM
More than happy to have a look

Regards

Bear

Pulse
13th April 2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Bear,

Sometimes your local council has a fact sheet with some information. Tamworth council had one which described a "complying" development carport. They had a list of pole sizes (min 90mm timber or 75mm RHS steel) and maximum spans for purlins etc. Try your local council and see what you can find, you may have the benefit of not needing approval if you are happy with the limitations they place on complying developments.

Cheers
Pulse