PDA

View Full Version : Cross Stitch Frame

flea1607
10th April 2005, 11:47 PM
Hi there Girls and Guys

I have joined this forum as HWMBO (thats what he said I had to call HIM) LOL when asked this question just stated "take photos and asked the Woodies (one of which he is).

Here we go:
My Cross Stitch Frame was designed and made for me by a friend. It was designed to be used when sitting in a Arm Chair. We do not have the Arm Chair but only Lounges. I currently have to sit with about 4 cushions behind me, which at times can get uncomfortable. I asked HWMBO (LOL) as to whether or not a T piece can be added to bring the work about 6 to 8 inches forward? Would it need to be strengthen?

His reply was to talk to you girls and guys.

Does anyone have any suggestions or plans? I know that if he has to make a new one I could be waiting months and months if not years.

Photos of frame attached (I hope)

Thanks with much anticipation

DanP
10th April 2005, 11:57 PM
Hello Mrs Squizz.

1st. Tell him to get off his asre and get something done. :rolleyes:

2nd. I'm assuming you want the top to tilt over so that it is closer to you when you sit on the couch. If so, I would suggest hinging the uprights with a bolt through that you can tighten, so that it stays at an angle. That way you can change it as much as you like till you get it just right. Get HWMBO :rolleyes: to come up with something along those lines. If you dont understand I'll try to do a pic of some sort and post it.

Dan

bitingmidge
11th April 2005, 12:11 AM
I just think it's very sad, that he doesn't have a great big shed.

I'm sure that if he did, the answers to this and many more of your questions would be revealed.... :D :D :D

I think a bit of old MDF say 150 deep, screwed to the existing uprights would make a neat enough "T" and you could adjust the height by adding a row of holes at the frame end.

On the other hand, if he had a shed, I reckon he could laminate a beautiful set of new curved legs which would work a trick, and would look lovely to boot.

Every time you look at that cruddy old piece of MDF, give him a hug and tell him painting the house can wait till a year after he finishes his shed!!

Cheers,

P (Don't kid that someone doesn't owe me big time now!!)

:D :D :D

flea1607
11th April 2005, 12:20 AM
DanP

Thanks for your advice. When I read out your suggestion HWMBO said "oh yeah that would work"

Bitingmidge

When I get my shed reassenbled I will be looking forward to HIM getting his shed. To clean out my shed of his stuff.

PAH1
11th April 2005, 02:48 PM
I bought one for my wife a few years back (pre woodwork obsession) that was a T piece to start off. You may want to think about getting the dowels on the frame shortened so that the tipover effect is minimised, the project is a fair bit smaller than the frame. We have several frames that differ in size and are used according to the size of the project. The other thing to watch is to make sure that the foot can actually go underneath the lounge, if it can not then things get very limited as to where you can put it.

I understand the bit about the shed, needlework is at least a clean hobby. I seem to get in trouble every time a bit of woodshaving turns up in the house! (the one drawback of having a long haired dog, you can never seem to get all of the shavings out)

Slavo
11th April 2005, 04:24 PM
Do you always look at your cross stitch through rose coloured glasses or did you forget to remove them from the last time you were talking to Mr Squizz