PDA

View Full Version : Pen Blank donation

MAPLEMAN
29th December 2012, 08:51 PM
Be more than happy to donate 100 blanks(various figured species)..can someone p.m me regarding this..would love to help out..:2tsup:

Touchwood
29th December 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm sure that they will be greatly appreciated - Simomatra (http://www.woodworkforums.com/members/6368-simomatra/) or PenTurner (http://www.woodworkforums.com/members/13236-penturner/) are the usual blokes coordinating the distribution of donations for this cause.

Thanks for your generosity

JD

:2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
30th December 2012, 07:36 AM
Many thanks Mapleman :2tsup::2tsup: a PM has been sent, thanks Jenny for pointing him in the right direction.

All pen from now on are towards the Anzac Day drive

MAPLEMAN
30th December 2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks to Jenny and Sam for your help...p.m recieved :2tsup:

MAPLEMAN
10th January 2013, 12:47 PM
Hi Sam...got a pack of 50 blanks(mainly fiddleback mango,some fiddleback silkwood) away today...will send another 50 next week of some other species...:2tsup:

Simomatra
10th January 2013, 03:08 PM
Hi Sam...got a pack of 50 blanks(mainly fiddleback mango,some fiddleback silkwood) away today...will send another 50 next week of some other species...:2tsup:

Thanks mate much appreciated

Simomatra
14th January 2013, 11:58 AM
Many thanks Mapleman the blanks have arrived anyone wanting t make pens for the troops post here or PM me

MAPLEMAN
14th January 2013, 05:15 PM
Glad they arrived safely...delighted to help out...well done to all involved in 'pens for the troops"...what a marvelous cause,for a marvelous lot of folk(the troops)...:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
21st January 2013, 06:29 PM
Mapleman

That's a great gesture :2tsup:

MAPLEMAN
1st March 2013, 06:06 PM
Finally got the other 50+ blanks off today...10 of each species(Mango,Forest Red Gum,Blackwood,Qld Maple,Northern Silky Oak)..all highly figured,the Forest Red Gum in particular is very curly..also included 2 fiddleback Cedrela..Cheers Chris

Simomatra
2nd March 2013, 08:07 AM
Many thanks Chris, anyone wanting some please post here or PM me your address

Simomatra
4th March 2013, 01:05 PM
Many thanks Chris the beautiful blanks have arrived

Chesand
4th March 2013, 01:09 PM
Having just finished my furniture project I have some Tasmanian Myrtle offcuts suitable for pen blanks if anyone is interested in using them for the Troops

MAPLEMAN
5th March 2013, 08:56 PM
Many thanks Chris the beautiful blanks have arrivedYour most welcome Sam..:2tsup:

sundowner
18th March 2013, 03:26 PM
Today i received a parcel of blanks from Mapleman via Sam.
They all have excelent grain so should have some nice pens
made up for xmas.Also thanks to Adam from Turning Timbers
(ebay)
Cheers Sundowner

MAPLEMAN
19th March 2013, 11:22 PM
If its alright to do so,i would like to donate a further 50 blanks,but only in Crows Ash this time.The reason being, the timber is from a tree that i salvaged last year, that was growing(it had actually died)in surburban Woodford,and was planted back in 1921(i think) to commemorate a digger by the name of C.W.Smith(WW1)...given the link,i thought this was a way of keeping the memory of this digger alive...and to connect the troops with a little bit of history..will post them off tomorrow Sam..Cheers MM:2tsup:

Simomatra
20th March 2013, 08:00 AM
Many thanks Chris I am sure we will make some great pens to carry on the memory

Touchwood
23rd March 2013, 08:57 PM
Hi Sam
if I put a post bag in the mail could I please put dibs on some of the Crows Ash as I think the significance is lovely. Can't see the turn around enabling them to go for Anzac Day but definitely by Christmas.

JD

MAPLEMAN
23rd March 2013, 10:22 PM
Hi Sam
if I put a post bag in the mail could I please put dibs on some of the Crows Ash as I think the significance is lovely. Can't see the turn around enabling them to go for Anzac Day but definitely by Christmas.

JDI'll happily send you a batch of Crows Ash as well, JD..p.m me your postal details and i will get some off to you..the pens you guys and girls are turning out for the troops are magnificent..job well done..MM :2tsup:

Touchwood
23rd March 2013, 11:17 PM
PM sent - thanks Mapleman!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

JD

:aussie5:

Simomatra
24th March 2013, 08:02 AM
Well done Chris, as Jenny still has some postage here she was on the list anyway but if you send her some that's great, I think we need to push this timber and make some more beautiful pens. Looking forward to seeing some end results

Sawdust Maker
24th March 2013, 07:51 PM
Hey MM

send me 10 if you would (can you include with my wood order?)

I like the history and could possibly do 10 more for the troops, maybe :wink:

MAPLEMAN
25th March 2013, 06:36 AM
Hey MM

I like the history and could possibly do 10 more for the troops, maybe :wink:No worries my friend...will sort that for you...love your work..MM :2tsup::2tsup:

Grommett
25th March 2013, 08:55 AM
Could I put my hand up for some. Love the history.

MAPLEMAN
25th March 2013, 10:27 AM
Could I put my hand up for some. Love the history.You certainly can Michael...how many would you like?...Cheers MM :2tsup:

Grommett
25th March 2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Chris, I can do 20 for Christmas. I have your bank details and I'll transfer the postage costs.

MAPLEMAN
25th March 2013, 01:40 PM
Hey MM

I like the history and could possibly do 10 more for the troops, maybe :wink: All sorted..sent you a 'bakers dozen'..Bushmiller has picked them up,so i think you will get them tomorrow sometime..MM :2tsup:

MAPLEMAN
25th March 2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks Chris, I can do 20 for Christmas. I have your bank details and I'll transfer the postage costs.No problem Michael..sending all my orders off tomorrow..MM :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
26th March 2013, 07:51 AM
All sorted..sent you a 'bakers dozen'..Bushmiller has picked them up,so i think you will get them tomorrow sometime..MM :2tsup:

Thank you, thank you :2tsup:

But how did you know that for every ten pens I finish I stuff up 3 along the way? :no:

MAPLEMAN
28th March 2013, 11:11 PM
Hi Sam

JDHi Jenny..parcel ready for sending..the diggers name was C.H.Smith,the tree was planted on the 25/4/1920,and he served in the Great war (1914-1918)..that's all the details i have about him..Cheers MM :2tsup:

Touchwood
30th March 2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for that MM, I'll see if I can find out any more using that information.

JD

MAPLEMAN
30th March 2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Jenny..google search suggests his rank was 2nd lieutenant,and his unit was 1st Anzac heavy artillery...:2tsup:

Touchwood
30th March 2013, 12:09 PM
WOW you beat me to it!!! That's great, gives it so much more to have that connection ... and sad too! Lest we forget.

JD