PDA

View Full Version : MJ-2325CB Table saw

andyfly
11th April 2005, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys

This is my first post
I would like to know if anyone out there has a MJ-2325CB Table saw, or can give me any feedback on this saw.

I know that the TSC-10HB has such a favoured place in Australia, why is this? Is it just the Biesemeyer style fence or is there other reasons.

Would the MJ-2325CB be any better with a Biesemeyer fence.

Thanks
Andy

Tankstand
12th April 2005, 01:17 AM
Andy,

I have no experience with the MJ-2325CB (Or any T/S for that matter) as I am still shopping myself.

I called in to Leda Machinery Friday morning and checked out the MJ-2325A which is (I think) the same as the MJ-2325CB but fitted with a sliding table. It seemed to be a well built unit, and the salesman was fitting to it the Biesemeyer fence. I was very impressed, nice and quiet, 1" shaft, 3Hp motor.

I have Leda's price list here in front of me...

MJ-2325CB fitted with Biesemeyer fence... $1,122.00
MJ-2325A fitted with Biesemeyer fence... $1,386.00

andyfly
12th April 2005, 02:04 AM
I also checked out the table saws at Leda, the MJ-2325CB seems a good saw with the upgraded fence on, but as the saw will have to last me a very long time i want to get the best i can. (Budget allowing!!!)

They both have the Biesemeyer fence on now, so is the extra $400+ worth paying for the TSC-10HB, I know it can fit dado blades but i can use my router table for any dado cuts.

Also Leda is local for any problems that may arise and freight is not an issue.

Andy

Grunt
12th April 2005, 07:08 AM
I don't know any thing about the Leda but everyone who owns a TSC-10HB is a happy little vegimite.

Grunt - with Black gooey stuff all over my face.

Stubchain
12th April 2005, 09:33 AM
I was in Carbatec Canberra a few weeks ago and they had a MJ-2325CB on display. It looked pretty good, not sure if it was my imagination but the top looked a lot bigger that most standard saws.

MurrayD99
22nd November 2005, 08:45 AM
I'm still tossing up between the MJ-2325B and the big blue guy..... Could anyone please confirm if the MJ2325 can take a dado head... and if so, is the arbor long enough to handle 20mm width (safely)? Since the arbor is 25mm, is there a 5mm insert to handle the CMT 30mm bore? Any feedback on the MJ, generally would be welcome. There were some comments about table faults a while back (bad batch?) Regards

Rookie
22nd November 2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Murray
The 2325 won't take a dado set. And while that and the 10HB are both 3 HP, the 10HB as triple belts as opposed to the single on the 2325. More torque (probably to drive the dado set).

The ability to take a dado and the torque are two of the biggest differences beteen them, apart from the fence of course. The fence on the 2325 seems very good to me but I've yet to really test it out on work that needs very fine tolerances.

MurrayD99
22nd November 2005, 12:12 PM
Thank you very much John. I appreciate the help with getting this sorted out - and for the nudge towards the saw I really want. Regards... Murray