PDA

View Full Version : teknatool 45mm spigot jaws

chuck1
3rd January 2013, 09:52 AM
I bought the 45mm spigot jaws a few months ago and putting them through their paces and I must I'm very impressed. I think they should make them the standard jaws.with the extra depth of grip on spigots makes me feel that more safer on free end turning. has anyone else bought them and whats your view?

Mobyturns
3rd January 2013, 04:06 PM
I have the Vicmarc equivalent the shark jaws for both the VM90 & 120's very handy for some projects.

hughie
3rd January 2013, 04:57 PM
Yep they work just fine, my next set will be the 75mm jaws

jchappo
3rd January 2013, 05:47 PM
I have the 35mm version.
Great for their intended use - hanging on to extended spindles- but will never replace the 50mm standard jaws for non-marring holding and accurate re-chucking. :)

issatree
3rd January 2013, 08:02 PM
Hi to you all,
I now using 4 Older Black Nova Chucks ( & not all at once).

I Threw those 50mm. Jaws to the Schizenhouser.
To Dangerous for my type of work.

I have been using the 35's for many years as with the 45's
as well with Pinocchio Jaws, & 100mm.

The only way to go, especially if you don't use the Tail Stock, & your Wood is sticking out 6in. - 150mm. Fantastic Jaws.

Yes, you can use them for Bowl Turning, & well if I have too, I don't have anything else.

If you are using the Older B/ Nova, you can drill 2 extra holes in the Main Body, as I have done, & this allows you to have 4 instead of 2 holes.

I also threw those Stupid Tommy Bars & C Spanner.

Bought 2 Stanley Screwdrivers, cut & squared the ends & they are the Perfect Fit to the Nova Holes.

The S/Drivers came from our Local Sunday Market, damn Expensive too, @ $ 1 ea.

dr4g0nfly
4th January 2013, 07:28 AM
I use the SN2 45mm set. I agree about how good they are, certainly get more use than the standard 'C' jaws in my workshop.

NCPaladin
5th January 2013, 08:45 AM
I have a set mounted in place of the standard 50mm and like them much better. In 3+ years I have never kept a spigot as turned so marring makes no difference to me.
If you have the 100mm Powergips and worm screw you will find the 45mm spigots are the same depth. Your can use the worm screw from your 100mm and it seems to work just fine.
I don’t have the 75mm bowl jaws because the spigot is the same (almost) an s the 50mm bowl or 45mm spigot. I do have the 70mm jaws and like them a lot also. The spigot is about 65% larger and gives you a nice fit between the 50mm and 100mm. I have also turned a spigot or recess for the 70mm for strength and when re-turning dropped down to the 50’s.