PDA

View Full Version : Precisio CS 70, user feedback?

Carpenter
11th April 2005, 11:10 PM
I'm contemplating the purchase of this saw. Are there any users out there keen to give me some user feedback?

dano
12th April 2005, 07:59 PM
Hi, Dano from New Zealand here. I have had a precisio cs70 for about 4 months. It cost $3600.00, but I got a good deal because it was originally $4700.00, (I got on well with the rep plus had spent a lot on other festo tools). The saw it-self is great. The spacer wedge just pushes down so it is easy to cut grove. I use my guide rail and saw to break up 24x12 sheets, as I found it too hard to hold the sheet against the saw guard. I also found it hard to cross cut a (e.g 500x1800) long sheet because the support area is not very wide. But, it is great for smaller pieces of sheets (600x1000 long). Also, in the full catalogue it says the side table is 800 wide, but, it is only 680.
Cut and dust are great. Although you can not use the spiter guard when making angle cuts. I use a CT22 with long life bags which are a must. The saw is very easy to transport around the job site as it only takes 2 mins to set up and disassemble.

Carpenter
16th April 2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback Dano. Yes, those long life bags are a must but I haven't been able to bring myself to part with the cash yet! It seems to me that for an onsite saw the Precisio is hard to beat.