PDA

View Full Version : Domes of silence

Stupid Boy
6th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Hello all,
I'm just about to finish a blanket chest and I'm short two domes of silence 38mm in diameter.

Does anyone know where these can be purchased in Aus?

Please keep the Get Smart comments under control.

SAISAY
6th January 2013, 09:39 PM
Not a smart comment but
WHAT ARE THEY :?

Stupid Boy
6th January 2013, 10:16 PM
Hello SAISAY

Domes of Silence are hammered to the bottom ends of the legs for easy movement over flooring materials.

Here is a picture.

Regards248478

Stupid Boy

China
6th January 2013, 10:18 PM
They are nail on furnture gliders, I have not seen since I was a apprentice 40 odd years ago, I wouldn't gettng a box or two
What type are you looking for plastic ( brown or white ) or chrome steel three point style
I may have some hidden away in the shed

China
6th January 2013, 10:39 PM
Okay you beat me to, I'm sure I have some how urgent is it I wil;l need to post them to you

bsrlee
6th January 2013, 10:40 PM
I think they have been overtaken locally by nail/screw on HDPE (plastic) or plastic with inset 'felt' buttons. Nothing at Elraco, you could try Mother of Pearl , Watson Brass or another online supplier of restoration hardware.

dr4g0nfly
7th January 2013, 06:56 AM
I have seen these, but that's no good as I'm in the UK.

However the more modern version is a Teflon pad with a nail/spike in it. Quite common for nailing into chair legs so as to not scratch laminate flooring or floorboards.

Do you have this sort of thing in Aus?

NCArcher
7th January 2013, 10:25 AM
I have seen these, but that's no good as I'm in the UK.

Quite common for nailing into chair legs so as to not scratch laminate flooring or floorboards.

Do you have this sort of thing in Aus?

Yes we have chairs and floors in Australia. :D

Sorry about that, can't help the OP with an Australian supplier but this mob in the US will ship to Aus Tube Caps and 3 Prong Slides (http://www.allglides.com/tubecaps.html).

Stupid Boy
7th January 2013, 08:19 PM
Hello all,

Thanks for all your input.
China I need them in about two weeks if that's ok. I'm happy to pay for them plus postage.

Regards

Stupid Boy

China
7th January 2013, 10:52 PM
Ok gives me a good excuse to go treasure hunting in the shed