PDA

View Full Version : New acorns

powderpost
8th January 2013, 10:00 AM
A new batch of acorns. Acquired a new texturing tool and had to give it a workout. I think the texturing make the tops look better. These were finished with Ubeaut Glow. The textured tops were finished with traditional wax for a dull finish to contrast with the polished bottoms.
The dark two are black wattle and the two lighter acorns are spotted gum. Spotted gum cut a nice thread.
What do you think?
Jim

hughie
8th January 2013, 10:16 AM
Very nice Jim :2tsup:

RETIRED
8th January 2013, 12:12 PM
Looks like you might be getting the knack of it now. :whistling2:

artme
8th January 2013, 01:04 PM
They are great PP!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

bench1holio
8th January 2013, 03:38 PM
great stuff jim, i think the textured ones definately look part! :2tsup:

Nanigai
8th January 2013, 03:53 PM
You have as usual given us another "lesson" Jim, beautiful work, thanks.
& Cheers, Ian:2tsup:

Ad de Crom
8th January 2013, 08:19 PM
Jim, perfect!! Was it a challenge??
Ad

powderpost
8th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks fellows for the nice comments. These little suckers are really fun to make.

Jim, perfect!! Was it a challenge?? Ad
Ad every time I turn on the lathe is a challenge. :)
Jim

Mobyturns
8th January 2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks fellows for the nice comments. These little suckers are really fun to make.

Ad every time I turn on the lathe is a challenge. :)
Jim

Jim top shelf. :cool: A challenge when you turn on the lathe? Yeah right - what to come up with a new idea. :rolleyes: Did you use a threaded jamb chuck to reverse turn the top & bottom? :wink:

powderpost
8th January 2013, 08:57 PM
Jim top shelf. :cool: A challenge when you turn on the lathe? Yeah right - what to come up with a new idea. :rolleyes: Did you use a threaded jamb chuck to reverse turn the top & bottom? :wink:
Yep, actually it is much, much better, easier and quicker, to chase a thread to finish off with.
Jim

coffenup
8th January 2013, 09:21 PM
nice bunch of nuts there jim