PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a legend

craigb
13th April 2005, 11:05 AM
Onya Warney !

silentC
13th April 2005, 11:22 AM
Is that a vial of diet pills in his pocket?

Wongo
13th April 2005, 11:27 AM
Looking for his phone?

Sturdee
13th April 2005, 05:13 PM
Proof that smoking stunts your growth. :D :D :D

Peter.

Iain
13th April 2005, 05:40 PM
Probably just realised the 'hairy backed sheila' is missing :rolleyes:

Quote 'There’s an Australian cricket player named Shane Warne who has been in the news lately. This guy is like the Dennis Rodman of cricket (if such a thing is possible) in that he is always getting in trouble (not because of his hair style or tattoos). His favorite seems to be getting accused of sexual harassment (and implicitly, adultery since he IS married with kids) by women all over the world. Seems Shane is fond of sending dirty text messages to women’s cell phones. He went through this whole public scandal last year, and now he’s going through the exact same thing. This time the woman is alleging a year long affair with Warren, and is going public because he refused to pay her to keep quiet (nice). (I’m totally ignoring the 3 other women who also came forward within 2 weeks of her announcement).

The funniest part was what one of his teammates said in support of Shane during a press conference. The guy basically said it was a shame that some “hairy-backed Sheila” (Aussie slang for girl) was doing this to him. When I heard him say that on the news I almost spit out my drink! Can you imagine Shaq coming out and calling the girl accusing Kobe Bryant of rape a “dog-faced skank”? Okay, maybe Shaq is a bad example. I can imagine him saying that. Still...calling a girl a "hairy-backed Sheila" is just too funny...

DanP
13th April 2005, 05:49 PM
Yes, he is a bit of a dick, but he is mostly a Media victim and easy target for gold diggers. I don't believe most of the crap that's been sprouted about him in the media. Theres never been much by way of evidence.

Dan

silentC
13th April 2005, 05:53 PM
Best damn spin bowler in the World though.

DanP
13th April 2005, 05:59 PM
Correct. Which I think is the cause of half of his bullshyte. Notice how the media mill starts in the country they're about to go and play in. Coincidence? I think not. It's a p155 poor attempt to put him off. I think it's disgusting.

Dan

Driver
13th April 2005, 06:38 PM
The caption beneath Warnie's photo in one of the newsapapers this morning was:

"Warne's at it again".

It should have read: "The media is at it again."

Leave the bloke alone!

Driver
13th April 2005, 06:44 PM
Just to continue with the rant:

There was a programme on the box last night (don't know which channel - might have been on Foxtel) - it was called "Grumpy Old Men". It featured a group of blokes from the baby boomer generation: Bob Geldof, Bill Nighy, Rick Wakeman and a bunch of others - all now in their 50s. The theme of the programme was that these hitherto enlightened souls, once champions of free love, pot smoking and rock n' roll - are now serial grumpy bastards, complaining about everything from tabloid press intrusion into people's lives (viz, Warnie's trials) to traffic calming devices which do nothing to calm traffic but succeed beautifully at pissing drivers off.

There was not one single grump uttered throughout the programme that I didn't agree with wholeheartedly.

Col

ozwinner
13th April 2005, 08:03 PM
Good moaning!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Al :D :D

craigb
13th April 2005, 08:54 PM

I'll go farther than that and say that he's the best Leg Spin bowler that there's ever been. I'll sure miss him when he hangs up the flannels.

Doesn't mean that he's not fair game for a **** take though. :D

After all, he mostly brings it on himself.

Driver
13th April 2005, 09:50 PM
I'll go farther than that and say that he's the best Leg Spin bowler that there's ever been. I'll sure miss him when he hangs up the flannels.

Doesn't mean that he's not fair game for a **** take though. :D

After all, he mostly brings it on himself.

Maaate! Everyone's fair game for a pisstake! But taking a photo of a bloke when all he's doing is having a smoke and contemplating applying a bit of MFKL to the tackle, then publishing it all over the cricket-playing world! That's goin' too far!

Zed
13th April 2005, 09:58 PM

yeah and adolf hitler was a good politician. how do you think his wife feels ? how would you feel if your missus was playing up behind your back ? shes either as dim as him or a saint.

the man's a f-wit.

Driver
13th April 2005, 10:03 PM
yeah and adolf hitler was a good politician.

Find a more appropriate comparison, for heaven's sake!

Hitler wasn't a good anything and dragging him into a relatively light-hearted argument about a cricketer's behaviour is going way too far.

silentC
13th April 2005, 10:06 PM
yeah and adolf hitler was a good politician. how do you think his wife feels ? how would you feel if your missus was playing up behind your back ? shes either as dim as him or a saint.

the man's a f-wit.

Zed
13th April 2005, 10:10 PM
Find a more appropriate comparison, for heaven's sake!

Hitler wasn't a good anything and dragging him into a relatively light-hearted argument about a cricketer's behaviour is going way too far.

just making a point sir...

craigb
13th April 2005, 10:17 PM
Maaate! Everyone's fair game for a pisstake! But taking a photo of a bloke when all he's doing is having a smoke and contemplating applying a bit of MFKL to the tackle, then publishing it all over the cricket-playing world! That's goin' too far!

Well, when you put it like that Col.....
I'm sorry I posted the pic now. :o

Still, it was worth three pages of the usual good bollocks fun :)

I promise that from now on I will only post PC pictures (yeah right :rolleyes: )

:D

bitingmidge
13th April 2005, 10:25 PM
I promise that from now on I will only post PC :D

Well Craig, here's your first one!

P (More PC's than a barrel of monkeys)
:D :D

boban
13th April 2005, 10:26 PM
I agree, the man is a f---wit.

As far as being the best, well not in India he's not. What about the chucker? He seems to do it everywhere.

What I dont get is why people expect pro sportsmen to be role models or even respectible individuals. Most of them aren't educated and have had everything given to them on a plate because of their sporting prowess. "Heroes for the media I say".

ozwinner
13th April 2005, 10:29 PM
What about the chucker? He seems to do it everywhere.
Just after a hot curry!!

Al :eek:

craigb
13th April 2005, 10:32 PM
Well Craig, here's your first one!

P (More PC's than a barrel of monkeys)
:D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Midge you are a sick puppy. But then you know that already. :D

PS
Do you have fantasies involving sgt June Ackland ?

:D :D :D :D

DanP
13th April 2005, 10:50 PM
The chucker gets lots of wickets everywhere, as long as it's on the sub continent, with wickets made for him.

Dan

Iain
14th April 2005, 08:04 AM
Do you have fantasies involving sgt June Ackland ?

:D :D :D :D
I used to

30 years ago :rolleyes:

bitingmidge
14th April 2005, 08:59 AM
I used to 30 years ago :rolleyes:
When she was a WPC?

And wore those big lace-up boots? :eek:

And those thick blue skirts with the hand cuffs and truncheon on the belt? :eek:

And those thick black stockings............... :eek:

No idea what you are thinking.

P
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Iain
14th April 2005, 09:06 AM
I just luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv to be dominated :p
this could get dangerous PC or not

Wongo
14th April 2005, 09:28 AM
Craigb, midge and Iain,

Did you enjoy the wedding on Saturday?

bitingmidge
14th April 2005, 09:43 AM
Craigb, midge and Iain,

Did you enjoy the wedding on Saturday?

She could have done better for herself.....

WHAT WEDDING??? :eek:

P
:D

Iain
14th April 2005, 09:47 AM
Don't watch it anymore, it just became another bloody soapie a few years ago, now, if we could have a re run of Dixon of Dock Green :rolleyes:

bitingmidge
14th April 2005, 09:59 AM
Don't watch it anymore, it just became another bloody soapie a few years ago, now, if we could have a re run of Dixon of Dock Green :rolleyes:
Ditto, all the pillow biting and carpet licking even got to She Who Owns The Television!

P :D

craigb
14th April 2005, 09:59 AM
What Iain said.