PDA

View Full Version : If you need alot of sanding done

besttools4u.com
15th January 2013, 10:07 AM
I make these Gazebo Bird Feeder and need to make them fast and with quality work ,,,,, probably some have similar sanders , i copied this off a friend few years back and it better then what u can buy at any store i find ,,,,,,,, I have a 6 in dia in front and a 3in in back, made of plywood in pieces and turn down to size ,,,with old diving suit glued on for padding ... on top i just use a piece of click board flooring on the underside and when sanding my pieces i use all front, back and top to sand 80% of 110 pieces that are individual cut and fit for these big size feeders ,,,, i use a 60 grit metal sanding belt,,,, these ones last longer than a sanding belt for wood ... it is spring loaded for easy removing or replacing the belt..... i hooked up my shop vac just underneath u may see in front view pic witch has a 2 in hose so suck up most of the find dust ,,, also turn down on my lath the size i need and put sand paper on it for smaller curves,,,,................................................................By the way this is not me ,,, its my dad at the age of 82,,, just having him stand beside feeder to show the size of feeder....................................................................................................................................

Home - Shop For Incredible Tools (http://besttools4u.com/)