PDA

View Full Version : Old 10 speed to move on.Sydney.

clear out
16th January 2013, 11:51 AM
I have an Oxford 10 speed. Have had it at work to get around the campus but as I have just retired I sure don't need it under foot in the shed.
I got it from a mate about 35 years ago and it was an old bike then.
27 inch steel rims,side pull brakes, steel cranks etc.
Was resprayed red and now has some flat bars and old mtb brake levers and pedals fitted. Still have the drop bars and levers.
I also have a double butted chrome moly frame kit and shimano gears etc for a mtb I was going to build back in '84. Bought it from Ibis in California.
Never happened and the tubing is now a bit rusted the gears etc are still in the boxes.
Any ideas on where to sell this sort of stuff?
Any interest?
H.

Foo
26th January 2013, 05:17 PM
You could try some of the cycling forums in their buy and sell sections or of course Ebay. Just because you have retired, doesn't mean to say you shouldn't be still riding.:(

Foo

clear out
29th January 2013, 09:59 AM
You could try some of the cycling forums in their buy and sell sections or of course Ebay. Just because you have retired, doesn't mean to say you shouldn't be still riding.:(

Foo
Still ride a bit as creaky joints allow. Too many motorbike and skiing incidents in my youth. Have a mtb and sub that I'll be keeping.:)
H.

BobL
29th January 2013, 10:35 AM
Any ideas on where to sell this sort of stuff?

Sorry if I sound harsh but it sounds like the sort of thing that folk place on their verge for council pick up?

Foo
29th January 2013, 11:07 AM
Sorry if I sound harsh but it sounds like the sort of thing that folk place on their verge for council pick up?

See that's where you're wrong, as some of this stuff can be worth very good money.:wink:

Foo

Sir Stinkalot
29th January 2013, 11:27 AM
You could try somewhere like here:
Bikes for Sale | Bike and Cycling Shops - BikeExchange.com.au (http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/)