PDA

View Full Version : New bike + hot day = tired but happy

NCArcher
18th January 2013, 08:57 PM
I picked up my new ride today. I've been waiting for over a week for this to arrive so even though I haven't ridden in about seven years and the fact that the temperature topped out at 44°C today, there was no way I was picking it up with the ute. :doh: I got my wife to drop me off at the shop and I rode it home.
I would have been ok if it wasn't so bloody hot. Only about 7 or 8 kms but had to stop in the shade a couple of times and rest. Got home in one piece though.:U Looking forward to plenty of rides and increasing my fitness.
Bike is a Fuji Nevada 29".

A Duke
18th January 2013, 09:09 PM
No training wheels?
Does it come with a riders manual by L. Armstrong?
:wink:
Regards

NCArcher
18th January 2013, 09:15 PM
I couldn't afford the vitamins recommended in the LA manual.

wheelinround
19th January 2013, 09:11 AM
This is going to reduce two thinks Tony

the time in the shed and the things you pick up and bring home :p

Foo
26th January 2013, 05:14 PM
But but it's still shiny mate.:no:

Foo

NCArcher
26th January 2013, 06:07 PM
Not for long. Found a really good purpose built MTB track right here in town. :U

FRB Design
26th January 2013, 10:34 PM
Looking forward to riding again however just ordering what i wanted has been a journey. Had to order from a bikeshop 160ks away,so placed order on Tuesday
was told will take over a week as it was the last one and it had to come from Melbourne,all good. Get a call Friday bike has arrived and ready to go,you would think awsome,however with the tail of the latest cyclone closing in a drive to the Gold Coast can wait. At least the great salesman from Bikeforce sent me a pic.

Cheers,

Frank

NCArcher
27th January 2013, 12:14 AM
You know the rules. Let's see it.

Foo
27th January 2013, 08:05 AM
Looks like a serious down hiller to me.:cool:

Foo