PDA

View Full Version : Anzac day 2013

Simomatra
27th January 2013, 09:34 AM
Well I have the first pens in for Anzac Day 10 from Michael aka Grommett, many thanks Michael

Simomatra
28th January 2013, 09:35 AM
The start of my contribution

Grommett
28th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Sam you are setting the bar. OK.

Cheers Michael

Simomatra
29th January 2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks Michael I thought you had set it.

Here a few more I have just finished the mango ones in the centre are from blanks donated by Chris aka Mapleman. If you want any of these blanks for the troop pens PM me

Grommett
29th January 2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the offer Sam. I just got a7kg box from Mapleman so I think some will end up your way. Beautiful grain in them. Like the Sierra stylus, I can see David getting some more of my $

Cheers Michael

Beedeejay
6th February 2013, 04:55 PM
Hi,
when is the cut off date to have pens for the ANZAC day pen drive?
Cheers Ben

Simomatra
7th February 2013, 09:53 AM
I will make cut off date the 5th April that gives us a chance to get them there.

Beedeejay
7th February 2013, 10:38 AM
I will make cut off date the 5th April that gives us a chance to get them there.

OK,
I will try to get some bits and pieces together and hopefully send a couple in,
Can someone PM me for address to post them too, if I can get them done,
Cheers Ben

Simomatra
8th February 2013, 09:12 AM
Many thanks Ben PM sent.

OK,
I will try to get some bits and pieces together and hopefully send a couple in,
Can someone PM me for address to post them too, if I can get them done,
Cheers Ben

Simomatra
1st March 2013, 12:23 PM
Just received from Cookie, 50 beautiful pens, these are 50 from the kits donated by Two Wells RSL Sub Branch

Many thanks to Cookie and the Two Wells RSL Sub Branch :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
6th March 2013, 10:07 AM
Received from Mal aka MT for Anzac Day and thanks to Tom aka Chesand for the Tasmanian Myrtle blanks

Many thanks Mal and Tom

Big thanks also to David at Timberbits for the donation of these kits

Chesand
6th March 2013, 11:24 AM
I like them.:2tsup:

Simomatra
8th March 2013, 12:02 PM
I have received pens from Graham aka Sundowner and Trevor aka Rumnut, I have a house full of visitors so pictures early next week

Simomatra
12th March 2013, 09:39 AM
As promised here are the pictures of the pens. The twelve are from Trev aka Rumnut with the kits donated by Tony aka Maddog 62. The next lot is a lot of 80 from Graham aka sundowner Many thanks to Trev, tony and Grahame257497257498

Simomatra
12th March 2013, 01:18 PM
Another ten received this morning from Michael aka Grommet, kits were donated by Two Wells RSL . Many thanks for the stamps as well Michael

l257531

Grommett
12th March 2013, 06:20 PM
There is another ten in the mail. It seems the best/cheapest option is ten at a time in a padded bag, costs $1.80 postage plus bag. Has anyone found a cheaper option for say 20 to 30 at a time. I would hate to deprive Ahmed F of his performance bonus but its my money!

dabbler
12th March 2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the postage tip Grommett.

Kev Y.
13th March 2013, 08:30 PM
My 10 went in the mail today. hope they are up to standard.

Simomatra
14th March 2013, 12:59 PM
Many thanks Kev and many thanks to Micheal for his postage tip I am sure I can use that one

Grommett
14th March 2013, 07:53 PM
Re the postage. That is for 10 slims or streams. It's important that they sit flat so the bag conforms to their standard letter gauge. Fatter pens might not work. The bags are $1 but come down to ( I think) 90 cts if you buy 10. Postage was from Victoria to NSW.

m.t
15th March 2013, 04:38 PM
Re the postage. That is for 10 slims or streams. It's important that they sit flat so the bag conforms to their standard letter gauge. Fatter pens might not work. The bags are $1 but come down to ( I think) 90 cts if you buy 10. Postage was from Victoria to NSW.$1.80 from s.aust to n.s.w

Simomatra
18th March 2013, 11:44 AM
Some more pens received the first lot from Michael aka Grommet and the second lot from Kev aka KevY. these kits were kindly donated by Timberbits thank you david

dabbler
24th March 2013, 05:16 PM
They just need a tag to ID the timber type and this lot will be in the mail the next day or so.

Sorry about the photography but I was racing to beat the storm that was about the hit. It's rumbling and raining right now. Besides, you guys have all seen slimlines.

From left going clockwise:
2 x jarrah burl
5 x reclaimed figured ironbark (ex-Fernvale Qld)
3 x mango (donated by Mapleman I think)
4 x northern silky oak (sourced and donated by Mapleman)
5 x river red gum
2 x recycled spotted gum (ex-1950's verandah post Southport Qld)
bottom centre 1 x unknown - might be Qld Maple - was in the donation bag.
top centre 1 x Qld Blackwood I think

David Mitchell
28th March 2013, 10:40 AM
Hi Sam,
I will be posting the next 100 pens today from the Ararat Woodies, works sponsored by the Ararat RSL :wink:
A group of Veterans will be visiting the RSL on Anzac day and we will give them a pen each ,about 26 I think:cool:
Happy Easter to all:)
Regards
David:2tsup:

Touchwood
1st April 2013, 09:40 PM
Hi Sam
spent the day in the shed today, just me and my migraine, but did get the pens promised made and they will be in the post - express - AM tomorrow. Don't bother doing the whole unpack/pic for them - I'll take a happy snap before I pack to save you some time.

YAY still one more day of easter hols to go!!!!

JD

MAPLEMAN
1st April 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi Sam
spent the day in the shed today, just me and my migraine, but did get the pens promised made and they will be in the post - express - AM tomorrow. Don't bother doing the whole unpack/pic for them - I'll take a happy snap before I pack to save you some time.

YAY still one more day of easter hols to go!!!!

JDWell done Jenny...hope your sore head improves,migraines are dreadful things :C..Cheers MM :2tsup:

Touchwood
1st April 2013, 10:49 PM
260988 Yep another dismal photo effort, however they are now all in little 'sleeping bags' (sadly not my Touchwood embroidered ones as they seem to have run out and the machines are not just making them on their own!) and they'll be in the mail tomorrow, Thanks for the donated kits.

JD

Touchwood
1st April 2013, 10:53 PM
Well done Jenny...hope your sore head improves,migraines are dreadful things :C..Cheers MM :2tsup:

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Well I figure, it is going to make me feel like c@$% no matter where I am, so I may as well be doing something I enjoy! Mr Dusty did get asked to leave though as he was making too much noise today. Lots worse off than me!

JD

Simomatra
3rd April 2013, 08:48 AM
Jenny I do hope your migraine has gone, some great looking pens there.

Well back home after Easter and have 100 pens from David Mitchell, which he organised with the local Ararat RSL club and the Ararat Woodies, Many thanks David and all that assisted. A big thank you again to the members of the Ararat RSL for the donation of kits, remember this is their second donation. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

A selection of the 100 pens

I have also received some pens from Nick aka Sawdust Maker many thanks Nick and thanks for the disc back also :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I hope to get them all away by next Monday.

Chesand
3rd April 2013, 09:04 AM
Well done everyone. :2tsup:

Simomatra
3rd April 2013, 11:03 AM
Just received these from Tony Aka Maddog 62 thanks very much Tony :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
4th April 2013, 11:54 AM
260988 Yep another dismal photo effort, however they are now all in little 'sleeping bags' (sadly not my Touchwood embroidered ones as they seem to have run out and the machines are not just making them on their own!) and they'll be in the mail tomorrow, Thanks for the donated kits.

JD

thank you so much Jenny your beautiful pens have arrived :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
5th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Many thanks Doug the first lot have arrived :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Touchwood
6th April 2013, 12:32 AM
thank you so much Jenny your beautiful pens have arrived :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I am glad that they got there before the dead line - express post must use the racing pigeons!!!

JD

Simomatra
10th April 2013, 02:47 PM
Last lot in from Doug aka Dabbler, all parceled up and 5 boxes ready to send to morrow I have sent an email to the Padre

many thanks to all that donated kits and to those that gave up there time to make the pens.

Our next venture if the pens for the Vietnam Veterans, this year they will be going to Tasmania, I am in contact and will send them to arrive for Long Tan day

cookie48
10th April 2013, 03:15 PM
Sam.
Once again work well done.
Let me know about vets pens please.
Cookie

Simomatra
10th April 2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks Cookie, I will start a new thread

Touchwood
11th April 2013, 01:13 AM
Well done Sam for your coordination efforts and to all those who made a pen or two or three ........... good to see the idea still going strong after all these years. Thanks also to those who have donated kits and/or blanks too.

JD

:aussie5:

Simomatra
15th April 2013, 02:37 PM
I had a request from a US serviceman who was in Afghanistan with our troops, some of his mates received a pen and he asked was it possible to get one. I have made a sierra out of the Mango from Chris aka Mapleman and have sent it in the mail today. Alas I forgot to take a picture. I will see if he posts it on Facebook

MAPLEMAN
17th April 2013, 11:36 AM
I had a request from a US serviceman who was in Afghanistan with our troops, some of his mates received a pen and he asked was it possible to get one. I have made a sierra out of the Mango from Chris aka Mapleman and have sent it in the mail today. Alas I forgot to take a picture. I will see if he posts it on Facebook That is a great effort Sam :2tsup:..well done,really nice to see people like yourself giving time and effort,to others who do the same..MM :2tsup:

PenTurner
25th April 2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks to our fallen countrymen
Thanks to those still here
Thanks to all who given
Thanks for our freedom to this year.
Amos

And a big thank you for all who have given their time in freedom, to make pens for the troops, and Sam, thanks for co-ordinating the effort. Amos:):2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: