PDA

View Full Version : Second Hand Paulcall combination machine

JackGr
4th April 2002, 11:45 AM
Hi Guys,
I am a Hobbyist woodworker, I use Triton gear and I was thinking of extending/upgrading my equipment.
I saw in the paper a combination machine for sale, it is a 23 years old Paullcall Tablesaw with a 6" planer and Morticing attachment, they want $620 for it. I am going to see it this evening, anything I should look at in particular ? are they good machines ? are the blades or cutters standard size ?

Also anyone has experience with these ultra cheap no name chinese combi machines 10" buzzer 10" thickness planer Tablesaw etc etc for like $1300 ??

Any comments appreciated

John Saxton
8th April 2002, 09:17 PM
Hi, a late response.
What I remember of the paulcall machines were that they were a solid unit that people hung onto because of their reputation.they didn't come onto the market readily unless thru a deceased estate or infirmity by its owner.

If intent on buying one these days I would enquire whether replacement parts are still freely available today.
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

JackGr
9th April 2002, 10:58 AM
Thank for your answer John, I moved a bit too slowly this time and I missed it, it is not a big problem as I still have a few month of work on the house before I can put more effort on woodworking. I am trying to avoid being in a situation where I really need the machine and I have to either buy not exactly what I need or settle for a lower quality new machine. At this time I am looking at as many machinery as I can so I get an idea of what cost what and what is most suited for me, of course I am ready to tackle the beast if it seems to be the appropriate one.

Thanks again for you help John

Jack

roj
10th April 2002, 11:09 AM
Great machine. I've had one the same for years, 10" table and 6" buzzer combi. Good solid machines. I ended up welding a stand for the buzzer and use it as a stand alone now. The saw, well it sits in the corner...