PDA

View Full Version : ELU Thicknesser Parts

dan_tom
18th April 2005, 12:52 PM
Hi All,
I am inheriting an ELU DAH-176 Thicknesser/Planer from my dad. Unfortunately it has some damaged parts that need replacing. The DeWalt service centre cannot help as the parts are no longer in stock or imported to Australia. I have been able to find out the part numbers and was wondering if anyone out there has any info that might help in tracking them down?
If you can assist the part numbers are 176115000(flange) and 176150900(cog wheel).
Cheers
Tom

Iain
18th April 2005, 02:40 PM
Worth a call or email
http://www.tama.com.au/
or a bit further away but probably worth the wait if they have it
http://www.martian.bc.ca/abc/abcpts.htm

ozzieflyer
6th May 2005, 08:04 PM
Hi All,
I am inheriting an ELU DAH-176 Thicknesser/Planer from my dad. Unfortunately it has some damaged parts that need replacing. The DeWalt service centre cannot help as the parts are no longer in stock or imported to Australia. I have been able to find out the part numbers and was wondering if anyone out there has any info that might help in tracking them down?
If you can assist the part numbers are 176115000(flange) and 176150900(cog wheel).
Cheers
Tom
I have a Dewalt planer/thicknesser (approx 15years old) that I damaged. I couldn't find the parts in Oz, but managed to track down a company in Yeovil, U.K, and was able to get the parts. They may be worth a try. I tracked it down via the Dewalt service site, and somehow ended up on the U.K site.

Hope this helps

dan_tom
7th May 2005, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the help. I will give them a try. I have already tried deciphering the German DeWalt site.
I somehow think that I might be better off saving my pennies and purchasing a new one or having someone local machine up some replacement parts.
Thanks again for the help.
Cheers
Tom

ozzieflyer
9th May 2005, 04:45 PM
I found the link to the company in the U.K who had my part.

http://www.mtmc.co.uk

Give it a go and see how lucky you might get.

Regards, Bruce

Ivan in Oz
23rd January 2008, 07:30 AM
G'day Tom,

How did you go with the ELU DAH 176?

I have a few ELUs (4) and am thinking of one of these,
What is it like?
Good/Bad points?
Thinking the 'BAD' points would be Few and Minor:;:;

Trouble is that it is in Sydney,
I'm in SEQld

shayneh2006
3rd May 2008, 03:25 PM
Hello all,

I am new to this site and stumbled across it by chance. I did a web search on the ELU DAH 176 and came across this site. I too have just inherited one of these woodworking planer/thicknessers and i am after a few parts as well. I am also begining to learn how difficult it is to obtain parts for these machines. This one, that was my grandfathers is in top condition but for some unknown reason it is missing the two blades and all the hardware to fix them to the rotating cutter block. Without these parts, the machine is useless.

Can anyone help!!!!

justdd
23rd February 2021, 09:58 PM
Hi All,
Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom, your post was some time ago, but by a slim chance you may still have the thicknesser/planer as I need both rollers repaired, if so are you able to measure their outside diameter, then I can get them refurbished. Thanks.

Ironwood
24th February 2021, 11:46 AM
Hi Tom, your post was some time ago, but by a slim chance you may still have the thicknesser/planer as I need both rollers repaired, if so are you able to measure their outside diameter, then I can get them refurbished. Thanks.

Dani & Tom last visited this forum in 2008. I don’t think they will see your message.