PDA

View Full Version : Whheeee! My lathe is on the way!

Trent The Thief
2nd February 2013, 01:53 AM
Well, I received my tax refund and ordered a new lathe this morning.

Amazon.com came through with a Nova DVR 2024. Tuesday is going to be a special day! I've the weekend to clean the shop before it arrives so I have someplace to assemble it.

Thanks for all the answers!

ve7twg
2nd February 2013, 03:40 AM
You will be very happy with the new lathe I have had mine for eight months and it has done everything I have asked of it from a 28" bowl to pens with no problems.

George

ian thorn
2nd February 2013, 09:14 PM
Enjoy and have fun

Ian

Trent The Thief
2nd February 2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks, guys. I've been waiting two years to get a new lathe. I have a 10" where I turn pens and turn small projects. I really want to make decent sized bowls. Turning is the only woodwork I plain on doing now. I've sold my tablesaw and jointer and now I only have tools for home maintenance and for supporting my lathe work.

Bluegum
7th February 2013, 03:54 PM
Happy turning Trent, I bought a Nove 1624-44 a few months ago and I am very happy with thir products.

artme
7th February 2013, 05:26 PM
:hpydans::hpydans::hpydans:

And have lots of fun!!

ticklingmedusa
7th February 2013, 07:58 PM
Bravo! :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
7th February 2013, 08:37 PM
So where's the pics?

Trent The Thief
7th February 2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks, Everyone!

I'll have some pictures tomorrow morning. I was too sore to do any setup last night.

I did think of an easy way to get the lathe hoisted, though. I'm going to use a Gorilla ladder (like a little giant, but much stronger) with a 1" pipe across the top rungs (as an upper pulley) and a 4x4 under the bottom rungs to anchor a come-along.

I figured that the lathe would come with the headstock, tailstock, banjo, and bed unassembled. Silly me. Everything was attached.

I'll rig my toy crane and set it on the legs during my lunch break and be turning tonight after work!