PDA

View Full Version : The Traditional Tools Group 2013 Tool Sale

Christos
10th February 2013, 08:15 PM
I was at the get together today ( http://www.woodworkforums.com/f25/calling-blue-mountains-members-163936/index11.html#post1609640 ) and the topic came up about tool sales and that some people might not be aware of the following,

The Traditional Tools Group 2013 Tool Sale
Sunday, 24 February 2013
When: 9:00am to 2:00pm

Where: The Brick Pit Sports Stadium
1A Dartford Road Thornleigh (off Pennant Hills Road)

$5.00 entry

Over 40 tables of Quality Old Tools
All types of user and collectable hand tools
Hand tools to suit Tradesmen, Amateurs and Collectors
Hand Tools for all Traditional Trades

The usual disclaimer applies, I am a member of the TTTG and receive their newsletter. Also from their website where I copied and pasted this information.

The Traditional Tools Group (Inc.) -- Coming Events (http://www.tttg.org.au/php/tttg_Page.php?n=04)

At this stage I will be attending the sale as a prospective buyer.

wheelinround
10th February 2013, 08:23 PM
:C It'll be over before we get back to Sydney

Pac man
10th February 2013, 08:31 PM
This promises to be a good one for used tools as well as new.

Henry Eckert ( Lie Nielsen au) will be there as per their website
Sydney 24th February - The Traditional Tools Group (http://www.henryeckert.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=240_242)

its also a larger venue so no more elbow to elbow in the school hall

Pac man
22nd February 2013, 05:33 PM
bump

NCArcher
22nd February 2013, 06:00 PM
I'll be at a 2yr olds birthday party. :C
Probably a good thing I can't go.
Paul if you see anything I absolutely HAVE to have, go ahead and buy it for me. :o:U

wheelinround
22nd February 2013, 06:53 PM
Due to foul weather I am now able to attend.

Tony thats dangerous It'll be Berg Hunting for Paul he's like a horse with blinkers on.:U

Christos
22nd February 2013, 07:50 PM
.....Paul if you see anything I absolutely HAVE to have, go ahead and buy it for me....

What's your budget?

Who knows we might just approach couple of the tables and ask what tool they are having trouble getting rid of? That's the tool that Tony absolutely has to have. :harhar:

Pac man
22nd February 2013, 07:58 PM
I'll be at a 2yr olds birthday party. :C
Probably a good thing I can't go.
Paul if you see anything I absolutely HAVE to have, go ahead and buy it for me. :o:U

I dont think the 2 events it will be too disimliar... lots of drool, rush to the sweet(heart)s and maybe a few tantrums.

I'll see what i can find

Pac man
22nd February 2013, 07:59 PM
Due to foul weather I am now able to attend.

Tony thats dangerous It'll be Berg Hunting for Paul he's like a horse with blinkers on.:U

C'mon 7/16 tang your out there somewhere

Christos
22nd February 2013, 08:12 PM
C'mon 7/16 tang your out there somewhere

Now this is going to seem very strange to a lot of people but to those that know me well,,,,, still strange.

What we can do before the doors open is start talking to Pacman and continue to talk to him after the doors open preventing him from entering. Mean while one of the other forum members would go inside purchase all the 7/16 tangs if any could be found. Then after the sale concludes post this on the forum, look what I found. :q

Yeah even after I read this it is strange to me but alas I have posted it. :no:

Pac man
22nd February 2013, 08:21 PM
This is the sort of behaviour that we expect from you my friend:; ( oh and NC too)

wheelinround
22nd February 2013, 08:40 PM
Christos gee have I got to do all the thinking you'll have 11 clamps in the car surely you can use them to hold him down. He'll really be a Pac-Man

Christos
22nd February 2013, 08:43 PM
..... you'll have 11 clamps in the car surely you can use them to hold him down......

I am just happy to be able to get rid of them in one place. It is just a matter of dropping them off.

NCArcher
22nd February 2013, 11:22 PM
What's your budget?

Who knows we might just approach couple of the tables and ask what tool they are having trouble getting rid of? That's the tool that Tony absolutely has to have. :harhar:

The sky's the limit (a very modest and somewhat cloudy sky unfortunately)
Paul will know the correct tool when he sees it.
He is a master in the art of handtooldo.:brucelee: You need total concentration and be able to open yourself to the energy of the tools. The correct tool wants to be found. If the time is right. :bowdown:

Pat
23rd February 2013, 05:15 AM
Have fun Kids.:U