PDA

View Full Version : Just wodering

fxst
22nd February 2013, 12:16 AM
Guys I'm looking at a small lathe on ebay....I think sorta like a watchmakers lathe in size but its pick up only and a couple days to go. If I were to win it could someone close pick it up and box it up for posting to me? The motor is stuffed apparently but as its separate it & the baseboard could be left behind. I won't bid on it without a way of getting it here so I thought I would ask. Pm me a mesage or phone number if you want to talk about it.
Pete

Stustoys
22nd February 2013, 12:22 AM
going to need a little more info before I put my hand up ;)

nearnexus
22nd February 2013, 09:37 AM
Guys I'm looking at a small lathe on ebay

If I was in Melbourne I'd help you. But I'm a bit far away.

If that's the one in question - Drummond style.

Rob

fxst
22nd February 2013, 02:00 PM
going to need a little more info before I put my hand up ;)

well even my spelling failed :D

This is the item in question eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251230475119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648)
If anone would assist let me know. I will pay postage of course. It just has Melbourne in the location but Melb is a big place. the suburb is Berwick if that makes it easier?

Pete

fxst
23rd February 2013, 01:49 PM
Don't worry about it going to get beyond the range my pension can take.:oo:
Pete

bwal74
23rd February 2013, 08:28 PM
Hi,

Seen this on Gumtree. Pretty cheap for what it is (thats without seeing it run). Be easy to mail as well.

Lathe, jeweller/hobbyist with accessories | Power Tools | Gumtree Australia Canada Bay Area - Rhodes (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rhodes/power-tools/lathe-jeweller-hobbyist-with-accessories/1014789532)

I'd buy it just to have one but I have nowhere to hide it from my missus.

Cheers Ben.

Ueee
23rd February 2013, 11:45 PM
well even my spelling failed :D

Its Ok.....that comment had me puzzled until i noticed the spelling of the thread title just now:doh:

That little lathe Ben linked is tempting.......

Father, its been 1 week since my last purchase.......

Say 5 hail Hephaestus's and go and buy something.....

bwal74
24th February 2013, 02:00 PM
Hi Ewen,

"That little lathe Ben linked is tempting......."

She's gone. The more I looked at it the more I seriously thought about buying (not that I had any real use for it).

I've only been back online a couple of days and the bugs got me again!

Ben

Ueee
24th February 2013, 02:27 PM
Thank you Ben, you saved me from buying it....:U