PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Woodfast Manual

dr4g0nfly
22nd February 2013, 06:41 PM
Ladies & Gents,

Someone in my AWGB Forum is looking for a Woodfast C1000 Manual. Anybody here have an e-copy I can pass on, or know where one can be obtained.

He's tried Woodfast but says he's had no luck.

Thank you in advance.

Mobyturns
23rd February 2013, 07:43 AM
Woodfast in Aust will only supply technical support to owners of machines that they actually sold, not to the many who purchased them through other suppliers.

dr4g0nfly
23rd February 2013, 08:11 AM
I Googled a picture of it and one answer showed it's made my Qingdao in China. It looks like a generic type lathe that might have been badged by several companies - any idea that an equivalent might be please.

jimbur
23rd February 2013, 10:14 AM
The easiest manuals to come by are Rikon in the states - they have manuals on their site. They sell woodfast under the name rikon. Whether they do an exact equivalent to the c1000 is a different matter but it's worth going on their site to see. Also you have to remember they may use different threads as well as voltages. Here's the link:
RIKON Power Tools (http://www.rikontools.com/products_lathes.htm)

dr4g0nfly
23rd February 2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Jimbur,

that looks like the answer to me - I'll pass on the information and please accept my thanks for your knowledge.

Bryan

Mobyturns
23rd February 2013, 09:37 PM
I Googled a picture of it and one answer showed it's made my Qingdao in China. It looks like a generic type lathe that might have been badged by several companies - any idea that an equivalent might be please.

Just another case of a local brand of quality locally made gear hitting hard times then the design & development being snapped up at a bargain price.

Paul39
24th February 2013, 05:17 AM
Just another case of a local brand of quality locally made gear hitting hard times then the design & development being snapped up at a bargain price.

If the quality can be maintained close to the original, at least the machine is still available. The future of the Stubby is a bit shaky. Rather than disappearing, I could accept that it be made elsewhere and kept on the market.

My first wood lathe was a used made in USA Delta with a pot metal headstock and bent sheet metal bed. The pot metal flowed and would twist in relation to the bed. The bed flexed and everything vibrated .

The much maligned "generic junk Chinese lathes" made of machined cast iron are far, far, better than that Delta.

I will agree that the Chinese $99 sheet metal head stock, square tube bed, lathes of various colors and brand names are awful. About the quality of the Delta above.

jimbur
24th February 2013, 11:10 AM
You're welcome Bryan.
I wonder if it is possible to have a library of manuals on this site. I have a few of the older Woodfast and some others in pdf. I suppose copyright might be a problem.

Drillit
24th February 2013, 03:02 PM
Hello Dr4gOnfly,

Suggest you try Hare & Forbes, Northmead. They sell the lathes that I understand
are now made in china. Drillit.

Paul39
25th February 2013, 05:31 AM
You're welcome Bryan.
I wonder if it is possible to have a library of manuals on this site. I have a few of the older Woodfast and some others in pdf. I suppose copyright might be a problem.

Jim,

I have a 1995 short bed, 20 inch swing Woodfast. Mine has had a DC variable speed added by Craft Supplies here in the USA, but the mechanics would be the same. Photo below.

If you have a manual close to this model, I would like a copy.

My email: [email protected]

I don't think that Woodfast would have an issue about posting copies of old manuals unless they were selling them. It might be a good idea to get permission from the current owners of the Woodfast name.

Thanks.

jimbur
25th February 2013, 08:30 AM
Done Paul.

Barden Koenig
6th March 2013, 04:47 AM
See if this helps:

dr4g0nfly
6th March 2013, 06:53 AM
Barden,

thank you. I'll forward it on, if he's not found the Manual for the 1000 this should cover most of the same information.

Bryan

Beneke
23rd July 2013, 05:04 PM
Hi Dragonfly

I believe this is the manual you have been looking for.

Stephen

dr4g0nfly
24th July 2013, 07:34 AM
Stephen,

many thanks from myself and the person who wanted it,

Bryan (Dr4g0nfly)