PDA

View Full Version : Old Triton Table & TR-12

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 03:43 PM
I picked up an old Triton Router table on the weekend. Not sure if it is all there probably not…...

I am guessing it to be the 2000 series, it has a solid top and black fence. The so called accessories that came with it are random and have no relation to the table.

Does anyone have a manual they could PDF for me????

I bought a router/jigsaw plate separately as I think you need one…..

Question is now how do you go about fitting a TR-12 router to the table and setting it up?

Havn't really had a chance to look it over but i think it is the same as this one that was sold on here. Although it doesn't have the MDF or clear guard on the fence. Still in the boot of my partner's car since sat.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachments/f221/190832d1323684402-triton-router-table-stand-triton2.jpg

Chesand
25th February 2013, 04:06 PM
I might have the manual for that.

I will look a little later and get back to you.

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 04:17 PM
I might have the manual for that.

I will look a little later and get back to you.

Much appreciated!

Can't seem to find anything on the Triton website relating to older models.

A Duke
25th February 2013, 04:25 PM
Hi,
Try
http://www.tocact.org.au/manuals/RouterJigsawTableSeries2000-Jul95.pdf
Regards

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 05:05 PM
It appears it is not actually a 2000.

As it doesn't have the 2000 under the "Triton router & Jigsaw Stand". It also has the button on the left not the centre as per the 2000.
So my guess is it is earlier.

Same as this but not in as good condition.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2pwkgBQtW-iQGB!~~60_35.JPGhttp://www.woodworkforums.com/attachments/f221/234672d1348889833t-triton-router-jigsaw-table-stand-also-aeg-router-001.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/t/Triton-Router-and-Jigsaw-Stand-as-New-always-garaged-used-a-few-times-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yEYr6BQtW-rnww!~~60_57.JPG

Thanks for the link I think that manual is still pretty close.

I don't have the little Alignment Disc marked (K) in the manual or any reducing rings for the table. Hoping they are not critical and can be used without.

Is this the version of the table everyone says flexes???

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 05:17 PM
Ok the Missus is home with the car and I took some shots with my phone

The fence appears to be backwards, and I need to check the top is flat.

And these are the so called accessories that came with it anyone able to identify??

I would guess the orange thing attaches to a drill?
The mitre gauge and other black metal item may be off an earlier saw table.
Vee Clamp thingy no idea.

LGS
25th February 2013, 05:32 PM
So, was it a bargain? You don't appear to have the planing adjusters, nor the collars for the hole where the bit pokes through. Did you get a spanner with it? You seem to have collected a bunch of "stuff" rather than a functioning or near to functioning table. What about hold downs, mitre gauge adjusters for the MDF fence?

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 05:37 PM
So, was it a bargain?

As long as it ends up working it was! If it doesn't maybe I can get my money back as spare parts.

Chesand
25th February 2013, 06:02 PM
The Manual I have is for the 2000.
The link given above should help you.

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 06:11 PM
The Manual I have is for the 2000.
The link given above should help you.

Appreciate you looking. Thanks anyway.

A Duke
25th February 2013, 06:48 PM
Hi,
The table is a 2000, the table and stand are separate items, the table will fit on the MK3 or 2000 work-centres or about 3 different router table stands of which you seem to have one. The router can be lined up without all the aides but not as easily.
Regards

DSEL74
25th February 2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks Duke that's good to know.

A Duke
25th February 2013, 11:34 PM
Hi,
Actually you don't need the lining up disc with the Triton router as the collet of the router winds up through the table and is the same diameter but if you do not have the smaller insert ring this info is not going to help much.
Regards

pal
26th February 2013, 12:10 PM
Try here, They have the manuals for all the triton products. Triton Owners' Club (A.C.T.) Inc. - Library_Manuals (http://www.tocact.org.au/library_manuals.html)

Regards
Harold

capt'ngrumpy
27th February 2013, 05:52 PM
Hi,what you have is a Mk3 New Series Router & Jig-saw Table.The accessories,cogged thing(mystery),the black items are overhead saw guard and protractor/mitre gauge from a mk2 workcentre.
capt'n

capt'ngrumpy
28th February 2013, 04:40 PM
I'd say the table top is Model RTA001 (manufactured from 1985 to 1995).If you were contemplating fitting it to a Series 2000 Workcentre a Router Table Fitting Kit (part no.WCA311) would be required.Fitting the Hitachi Router to the Mounting Plate(AJA150) would probably be made a lot easier using an Alignment Disc(part no.RTA067).The Mounting Plate Manual is on the Triton web site under AJA150 Manual Discontinued.The spare parts are available from Toolsparesonline in the UK.Postage is cheaper if you use Royal surface Mail.Good luck.
capt'n

bpj1968
1st March 2013, 02:52 PM
Definitely the old series mk3. The first pic is the fist of the 2000, before the newer version.

Mk3 never came with alignment discs inserts etc. An alignment disc with be of no use as the hole in the table top is a differnt size.

Set up is pretty easy.

Put the mounting plate in the stand upside down. remove the 4 wing nuts and the slightly bent pieces.
loosen the nuts slightly (should be one on each with a spring washer or similar) and pull the right angle pieces away from the centre. in teh phot 3 are the right way around, one is wrong
position the router on top so taht it is roughly in the centre (near enough IS good enough)
push all 4 right angle back to the router base and tighten the nuts. The router should be a snug fit.
then put eth 4 bent pieces back on. The littel tab goes in the slot on the right angle.
the wing nuts tighten up to clamp down on eth router base and hold it in place.
turn it upside down and put the top on.

you will also see atht there is a single slot on the mounting plate. top centre in the photo. This is so taht you can mount a jigsaw in the plate in the same manner as the router. The blade comes through the table slot.

FENCE

the fence needs 2 MDF fences made. cut 2 as high as you want, not much more that the height of the metal fence.
position these aganits the fence so taht they butt against each other in the middle.
on the metal fence you will see 4 long slots near the top. with the MDF in place mark through these slots and drill a hole in each of the slots, at the end of the slot nearest the router.
counter sink a small bolt in the mdf to go through and into the fence.
this is done to allow the mdf to slide open and closed depending on the size of the router bit.

To use.

you only need to use the rulers as a guide. They DO NOT have to be the same (unlike the saw table)
they are only a giuide as the distacne will vary depending on the actual router bit.
The 2 long silver wing nuts on the fence are used to adjust one end in and out, for planing cuts.
if you are rounding the edge or making reabtes both MDF fences are in a striaght line. If you are planing off an edge then they are offest by how much you want to remove.
either way each tinme it is the rear (non adjusteble) fence that is lined up with the router.

You can also use the router mounting plate, with router attached on the Mk3 and 2000 saw tables. set up the saw table in cross cut mode. with the router with the cutter at the cutter at the bottom you can make trenching cuts on timber, similar to cross cutting.

RecyclingKiwi
29th April 2013, 11:38 AM
"late" to the thread lol - I can see you have already had a few folk answer your questions now. :)

I believe that most parts are available through Carbatec Ltd as well like here in NZ. However UK really seems to break down the components to the smallest parts avail rather than a whole Kit! Shame about the distance and Freight costs! Ask around if anyone else is ordering and you might get a bulk package organized and split the costs. If anyone knows of another distributor or seller I'll be watching.

Checkout
Triton Tools | Home | Manufacturer of award-winning, precision power tools, workshop equipment and accessories (http://www.tritontools.com/en-GB)

Have fun with the table and maybe share some of your work here with Pic's :D

Cheers
Chris

DSEL74
29th April 2013, 12:00 PM
I should note that the router table is very basic and I have it up and running with the TR12 attached.:2tsup:
Thanks to all those who posted with suggestions!

DonIncognito
19th February 2014, 01:24 PM
How is the black slide plate attached to the router table?