PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to IanW

Scribbly Gum
6th March 2013, 08:33 PM
I have, just today, received the latest copy of Australian Wood Review.
And on page 56ff is a wonderful article on Making Hand Saws.
This is a splendid article from one of the Forum's long standing elder statesmen.
Congratulations to Ian all round on being published, and a big thank you for all that you have contributed to the Forum.
Cheers
SG

Sam
6th March 2013, 08:50 PM
Well done IanW

I always find your posts here very informative and the article in AWR was no different.

Sam

Bushmiller
6th March 2013, 09:01 PM
The glamour boy of handsaws :D. Excellent

Regards
Paul

tdrumnut
7th March 2013, 12:22 AM
Credit where credit is due, I've seen some of Ians work and he is a true craftsman.

Colin62
7th March 2013, 12:30 AM
Well done Ian :)

Berlin
7th March 2013, 01:12 AM
Yes, well done Ian!

The man's a gent, great teacher and true craftsman and will be hating all this praise... too bad ;)

I've got a few 'Wilkuts' and they put all my other saws in the shade, literally, they stay in the till and Ian's and the one he helped me make live on the bench.

Chesand
7th March 2013, 06:27 AM
A well written, very informative article.:2tsup::2tsup:

IanW
7th March 2013, 08:11 AM
.....and will be hating all this praise....

That's the truest thing said so far.... :B

I was hoping it might pass without any fuss, but there are obviously a lot of Forumites who read AWR, and nothing much gets by you lot! I'm sure plenty of people who frequent this forum could contribute as good or better articles, so give it some thought - it's a good mag that tries hard & it's ours, not a re-badged import. The editor is a very easy person to work with - she did edit my original text a bit, but not much, & certainly didn't detract from the message I was trying to get across. Best of all, they actually pay you for it! :U

My one regret is that I forgot to thank this Forum - it's been a two-way street, & I think I have learnt more from folks here than anyone has learnt from me!

Cheers,

FenceFurniture
7th March 2013, 08:39 AM
Yes, congrats Ian. I haven't seen it yet, but I'll wander up in the next few days. Also echo what has been said about a great teacher who is very generous with time and info. I've been taught a tremendous amount by Ian both on here and in private communications.

RayG
7th March 2013, 01:45 PM
I was hoping it might pass without any fuss

Ha, you don't get off so easily! Seriously, I can't think of anyone more deserving of accolades. Congratulations and well deserved recognition! :2tsup:

Regards
Ray

Denim
7th March 2013, 02:13 PM
Congratulations IanW on your published article. I've not read it yet but looking forward to getting my hands on a copy in the next coming days.

Regards,

Denim.

jimbur
7th March 2013, 03:28 PM
Well deserved plaudits.

NCArcher
7th March 2013, 07:42 PM
I have a IanW original. It's value has just tripled. :D
Congrats Ian. I'm off to buy a copy tomorrow.

artme
7th March 2013, 08:47 PM
Well deserved Ian!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

pmcgee
8th March 2013, 12:23 PM
I have, just today, received the latest copy of Australian Wood Review.
And on page 56ff is a wonderful article on Making Hand Saws.

What issue is it please? - we obviously haven't had the latest issue yet.

Thanks,
Paul

John Saxton
8th March 2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks,
Paul

Yep here in the West known as Wait Awhile we're all waiting for our copies of AWR.

However I have seen some of Ian's work first hand whilst spending some time with him at the Brissie TWW show .Well truth be told he is certainly worthy of all the plaudits coming his way.Truly an Artisan in his own right we are proud that he is also our own man in OZ producing and leading by example some really nice tools of class.

Cheers:)

Chesand
8th March 2013, 06:22 PM

Thanks,
Paul

Issue 78 - arrived in the mail earlier this week

Cliff Rogers
8th March 2013, 06:27 PM
:2tsup: