PDA

View Full Version : RIP Grommet

Grommett
12th March 2013, 08:47 PM
It's a bit miserable around here. Grommet (with one t) showed unwell on Saturday, Sunday the vet suggested a growth on the liver/spleen and we buried her on Thursday. Would not have her suffer. A rescue dog at 10 yo we loved her for only 4 years.

tea lady
12th March 2013, 08:56 PM
:C Sorry to hear. What a great looking dog.

tdrumnut
12th March 2013, 09:54 PM
Sorry for your loss Grommett, I must say I admire anyone who would take on a rescue dog at ten years old and thank you for giving grommet (with one t) 4 more good years than she would have got had you not rescued her.

Cheers Rumnut

A Duke
12th March 2013, 10:00 PM
Commiserations.
Regards

chambezio
12th March 2013, 10:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your mate.
Its a tough call to put them down but its even tougher knowing they are in pain or uncomfortable.
We ended up with an RSPCA rescue dog. He was sourced for Dad when Mum went into a nursing home. Dad ended up in the same place 8 months later. The dog needed a home. He was probably 5 when we got him. Alsation/Kelpie cross. He turned out to be THE perfect dog for us.
We reckoned he was 18 when he was crippled up with arthritis and he was loosing weight. It was very hard to see him go. But you have to do what you have to do.
He is still missed even though it is 12 years ago and 3 dogs later.

BobL
12th March 2013, 11:36 PM
Deepest sympathies Grommet. I reckon rescue dogs are extra special when you lose them.

MAPLEMAN
17th March 2013, 01:27 AM
Very sorry to hear that news Michael :(..my sympathies to you and your family.Took me some months to get over my dogs passing(Milly),but still think of her often.I am sure Grommet was much loved :),they really do become a central part of the family..R.I.P. Grommet...MM

Grommett
18th March 2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. She will be always with me, and you so long as I am on the forum.

Robson Valley
21st March 2013, 07:29 AM
Some days, you just have to stand up straight whether you want to or not.
That's respect. I am sorry for your loss.
"Here's your choice, RV: you either walk that dog in here with some dignity or we can wait until you drag her in here on a blanket."