PDA

View Full Version : Malaney WW thingy

Shane Watson
25th April 2005, 03:00 PM
Hey who's going up the range to Malaney next w/end? There was some interesting work there last year.

David L
25th April 2005, 04:03 PM
Yes I hope to go probably Friday Missed out the last couple of years. It is like a mini WWW with some outstanding work on display.

David

bitingmidge
25th April 2005, 05:51 PM
You might be disappointed David, it starts Saturday!

I'm going at opening time 9.00 Saturday as usual before the ground turns to mud! If we run to form we'll end up having a sandwich at Randy deGraw's Valley View Gallery afterwards as well. Talk about being creatures of habit.

Cheers,

P

:D

RufflyRustic
26th April 2005, 12:41 PM
I'm intending on coming up on Saturday too.

Cheers
RufflyRustic

aussieglen
26th April 2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah - I might make it too - anybody got an address of the venue?

Aussieglen

Rocker
26th April 2005, 01:29 PM
Aussieglen,

Maleny showground. It is usually well signposted.

Midge,

I hope to see you there.

Rocker

RufflyRustic
26th April 2005, 02:25 PM
http://www.malenywoodexpo.com/

cheers
RR

David L
26th April 2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks Midge, I got my days mixed up. Should we be wearing U Beaut lapel cards for identification?
David

MajorPanic
26th April 2005, 07:52 PM
I'll probably go Saturday but won't get there till just before lunch..... we'll see.

journeyman Mick
26th April 2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks Midge, I got my days mixed up. Should we be wearing U Beaut lapel cards for identification?
David

Nope, foil beanies! :cool:

Mick

RufflyRustic
29th April 2005, 09:56 AM
Hi,

BitingMidge, where is Randy deGraw's Valley View Gallery and about what time is sandwich time?

Would love to meet some fellow forum members.

Cheers
RufflyRustic aka Wendy

barnsey
29th April 2005, 10:41 AM
I'm going to be in Brissie on Saturday morning ( she's got an appointment at QUT) so I'll try and get SWMBO to accompany me to Maleny on the way home so won't be there till around 1:00ish :cool:

I'll be wearing the Bombers cap in recognition of the belting we are about to receive/give from/to the lions at the gabba on sat night :rolleyes: :D

Hope I can catch up with you guys somewhere

Mobile No 0414489556

Jamie

bitingmidge
29th April 2005, 11:30 AM
BitingMidge, where is Randy deGraw's Valley View Gallery and about what time is sandwich time?

http://www.vvwoodwork.com.au/index.php about 7 k's from Maleny on the Kenilworth road.

We've had a bit of a change of plan, so will be lucky to have more than a couple of hours there now...

Will PM my contact details in case paths overlap!

Cheers,

P

Rocker
29th April 2005, 11:33 AM
Jamie,

It is hardly 'on the way home', but I suppose you could tell her that :D

Rocker

barnsey
29th April 2005, 12:39 PM
She's a true blonde - Norwegian :p

Besides we had our honeymoon up there ;)

And her Dad lives in Petrie so I reckon I've got a chance :D :D :D

Jamie

bitingmidge
29th April 2005, 01:14 PM
And her Dad lives in Petrie so I reckon I've got a chance :D :D :D

Of course, if you go home via Kingaroy, it's ON THE WAY !!!

Cheers,

P (Sorry I'll be gone by the time you get there though!)
:D

bitingmidge
1st May 2005, 10:34 PM
Well there were a few of us there on Saturday, Rocker, Mrs Midge and I had a bit of a chat and a poke round the furniture first thing, then we met up with Major & Majorette Panic, Aussieglen and RufflyRustic for a nice cup of tea (Actually it was a cup of local coffee and a couple of lemon butter tartlets for us!) All of which was rather pleasant and worth the admission price in itself.

Highlights for us were of course catching up with a few faces, seeing one or two pieces of furniture that we really liked, purving at Merv Dieth's miniature tools (made at 1/6 actual size to incredible detail) and just hanging round.

To us the Maleny show isn't "worth" going to, but we always do, and enjoy it, it's a bit laid back and a nice drive so what the heck, we always learn a thing or two!

One of our number has confirmed the purchase of a substantial pile of timber from a local miller, so let's see what comes of that!!

Cheers,

P (and thanks to all of the above for the chat!!) :D

Rocker
2nd May 2005, 05:01 AM
Well there were a few of us there on Saturday, Rocker, Mrs Midge and I had a bit of a chat and a poke round the furniture first thing, then we met up with Major & Majorette Panic, Aussieglen and RufflyRustic for a nice cup of tea (Actually it was a cup of local coffee and a couple of lemon butter tartlets for us!) All of which was rather pleasant and worth the admission price in itself.

Highlights for us were of course catching up with a few faces, seeing one or two pieces of furniture that we really liked, purving at Merv Dieth's miniature tools (made at 1/6 actual size to incredible detail) and just hanging round.

To us the Maleny show isn't "worth" going to, but we always do, and enjoy it, it's a bit laid back and a nice drive so what the heck, we always learn a thing or two!

One of our number has confirmed the purchase of a substantial pile of timber from a local miller, so let's see what comes of that!!

Cheers,

P (and thanks to all of the above for the chat!!) :D

Midge,

Seems I slunk off too early; but I had the impression the others wouldn't be there till lunchtime.

The thing about the Maleny Show is that you usually learn something new there, and this time I learned of David Linton (Hillhouse Timbers), who sells cabinet timbers and makes some very fine furniture too. I shall be paying him
a visit when my racks need restocking.

Rocker

Shane Watson
2nd May 2005, 11:16 AM
Well I turned up yesterday. As usual I was dissapointed at the quality of finishing, but hey thats my field and I can be harsh, especially when people are asking the prices they are.

Would have been great to catch up with you all again, but my only chance to get up there was yesterday.

I too was amazed at the lil miniature hand tools. The gentleman was obviously very proud of his work and the fact they all worked and boy could I see them being used, they would be very handy at times.

All in all a great day. Not to mention the side trip to Montville to grab some Prailene...YUM :p

Shane Watson
24th June 2006, 10:37 PM
stuffed if I know man!!!!!

bitingmidge
25th June 2006, 12:47 AM
pssstt.... Shane..... are you OK???

P
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Shane Watson
25th June 2006, 09:05 AM
Hmmm..interesting..I didn't even post that....spooky.. :eek: