PDA

View Full Version : Project Previsualisation

Stuart
25th April 2005, 11:03 PM
A short sequence of photos from an article I've been writing on project previsualisation. Thought they might be of interest here.

Photo 1 is the original garden, before the project began.

Photo 2 is after some rudamentary editing to remove unwanted details (such as the car, and the plastic bags to try to discourage the birds away from my lawn seed!), and add grass (also photographed in a neighbour's garden- he bought turf, the bastard!)

Photo 3 is the resulting simulation of the fence before construction has begun

Photo 4 is the resulting (real) fence.

The intention is to simulate what the fence would look like, so there are some errors that I didn't bother correcting, as they did not detract from the intention of the simulation.

I have used this same technique in working out what size an entertainment unit should be (and the desired finish), as well as what a carport would look like if built onto an existing home.

adrian
26th April 2005, 11:21 AM
Looks nice.
It cries out for an arbor (I thinks that's what they call it) covered in a climbing rose to frame the gate.

numbat
26th April 2005, 09:37 PM
Stuart,

What software did you use for the visualisation? Photoshop? GIMP? something else?

Cheers

bitingmidge
26th April 2005, 10:01 PM
It's a great idea for lots of reasons outlined, best not to show the missus where you are going to put the new railway engine while you restore it though!!

I'm waiting for Rocker to become proficient in his 3d cad, I reckon that'll be just as handy!

Cheers,

P :D

Stuart
27th April 2005, 03:09 AM
Photoshop - been using such products for years for all sorts of purposes.

Nice addition mozzie dude ;) Sure SWMBO wouldn't mind such an addition, although I'd prefer something older (steam driven), given my previous work history (serving on steam-powered Leanders (Frigates), and also I just love the old engines. Back in the days when men were men, and locomotives looked serious!

Iain
27th April 2005, 08:55 AM
Looks nice.
It cries out for an arbor.
Stuart lives in Melbourne where we have a bay, only Sydney has an arbor :rolleyes: