17th March 2013, 06:57 PM
I just thought this job might be interesting to someone

John258131

Skew ChiDAMN!!
17th March 2013, 07:27 PM
Very nicely done! :2tsup:

David Stanley
18th March 2013, 10:57 AM
Well done. This is a good choice of subject for pyrography it would seem, from this example. You should do a series, about A4 size of early twentieth century Australian architectural style houses and scan the originals to produce the series as postcards and or prints. With just a hint of wood figure in the background they would have a unique effect.

Red Gum
18th March 2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks David your advise. It is good. This house is at Tenterfield in Northern NSW but we have many historical buildings in the Central West and I have given consideration to doing some of them. I was going to do our local golf club but the detail is far to intense to try it in pyro so I will giving that a miss. My intention is to do something commercial with them. Mind you there are a lot of hours in doing something like this so I don't think I will be on the rich list from it.

John

artme
19th March 2013, 05:10 PM
You are a master of understatement!!!

That is a great piece of work!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Drillit
19th March 2013, 08:40 PM
Just excellent. We would all like to see your old houses series. Well done. Drillit.

Homeleigh
19th March 2013, 08:44 PM
Beautiful work

woodmanoz
19th March 2013, 08:46 PM
very nice,good to see old buildings done this way--dave

feetfats
20th March 2013, 04:23 PM
I love it.

I would like to sit on that balcony and drink expensive coffee.

Red Gum
20th March 2013, 07:11 PM
Thank you all for your compliments.

I just like doing these things and seeing the end result. It is very rewarding.

Coupled to this we have a colourful history in our great country. It needs to be recorded and shared. There are so many ways to do it. This is just one.

John

col's dad
24th March 2013, 11:00 AM
Crash Hot RED GUM, realy like it:2tsup: do you have more photos? CD.

Tookawhile
1st April 2013, 10:16 AM
John

Great to see you have finished your project at last. It was well worth the wait for all of us to view your lovely fine detailed work. Looking forward to any future pyrography that you undertake.

Kay