PDA

View Full Version : Ozito earmuffs

Iain
29th April 2005, 10:38 AM
I went and bought a pair of these (just saw this new forum and decided to plonk it in here) and must admit that I am a bit dissapointed.
I thought the amp and headphones would be a noise cancelling device but, oh no, it just amplifies the noise the machine is making and is a real source of annoyance.
Whilst the volume is down a bit the noise is still irritating.
I finshed up just switching them off and using them as straight Db decimaters.
The question is do I have a faulty set or is this what they are meant to do?

journeyman Mick
29th April 2005, 10:43 AM
Iain,
clap your hands while you're wearing them, you'll find that the amplification circuit cuts out with percussive sounds. I found mine wouldn't cut out from most machinery noise though, thicknesser, saw etc. I only wear them while knocking up kitchen carcasses. I can hear the radio but it blocks out the nail gun.

Mick

Iain
29th April 2005, 11:42 AM
I tried that and the router just took off nearly taking my arm off :D
I'll give it a go in a few minutes when I get out there, Ta.

simon c
29th April 2005, 01:04 PM
There was a post about these a few months ago.

They are definately not noise cancelling (would need to be 10 times the price).
What they should do is give you volume control of the noise which can either be below normal or amplified to greater if necessary.
They also cut out above a certain amount of dBs so you don't get exposed to very loud noises.
The idea is you wear them all of the time, turn the volume down when you are doing noisy work and then turn them up if necessary - they just avoid you having to keep taking them on and off.

vsquizz
30th April 2005, 12:48 AM
I can hear the radio but it blocks out the nail gun.

Mick
Mick, I find unplugging the air hose, pulling the power cords on the compressor or the gun, or the stanley knife does the trick for the nail guns:D . Stealing all their nails also works for a awhile...

Cheers

journeyman Mick
30th April 2005, 01:02 AM
Mick, I find unplugging the air hose, pulling the power cords on the compressor or the gun, or the stanley knife does the trick for the nail guns:D . Stealing all their nails also works for a awhile...

Cheers

Squizzy,
yeah great, unfortunately it's me using the nailgun :rolleyes:

Mick

Iain
30th April 2005, 08:39 AM
SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU WITH THE MUFFS ON
Tried clapping, didn't work, may be faulty although they seem to cut in and out at random.

glock40sw
30th April 2005, 12:23 PM
G'day all.

I got a set and use them for Pistol shooting.
Work great.
When I am the Range Officer, The gunshot gets cancelled out, But I can actually hear the same shot's echo off of the hill behind the range when the muffs allow sound again.
IMHO...2 thumbs up...

Hooroo.
Regards, Trevor
Grafton