PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Hire in Perth

Darryn
2nd July 2002, 01:43 AM
Hi everyone

A while back there was talk about a place in sydney where you could use a workshop for an hourly rate. Does anyone know of this sort of facility in Perth?

I have just finished a short course at tafe and its another six weeks till it starts again but I need to finish the coffee table I am making or my other half will be rather unpleased.

I need access to a planer and thicknesser 200 wide minimium and also a table saw if available

Thanks if you can help

Darryn

derekcohen
14th July 2002, 06:27 PM
Darryn

Have you managed to sort out equipment yet for your project?

If not, you are welcome to contact me and use my workshop. I do not have a thicknesser but I do have a tablesaw, router table, and more. Lots of hand tools (planes and chisels) if that does not scare you off!!!

I am in Rossmoyne, which is on the Canning River, on the south side of the city.

Regards

Derek (in Perth)

Darryn
15th July 2002, 10:54 PM
Thanks Derek.
I have managed to gain access to a buzzer, thicknesser and table saw through a cabinet maker friend of my dad so the main problems are sorted out. I have a radial arm saw at home for dockin so all I really need is to machine up rough stock. Thanks very much for the offer though it is appreciated.

I also found out about the place which has workshop facilites for hire. Its called Freowood http://www.freowood.com.au and they sell workshop time in blocks of 5, 10 or 20 hours. Its down near the TAFE on the South mole in Freo, I had a look and its not too bad, you have to do their introduction course before they will let you loose ($50) but they have a pretty wide over and under and also a few saws, plenty of advice etc etc. The timeber they sold was nice but mega pricey to what I paid for marri for my coffee table.

Any I must go and finish thing soon or I will be sleeping in the shed with it!!!

Darryn