PDA

View Full Version : For Perth based wood workers

Willy Nelson
7th April 2013, 11:07 PM
Mods. I have no business interest other than being a committee member with the Wood turners of WA and organiser of this event

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen

Please forward this post to anyone with an interest in woodworking (Other WAWA clubs, Carvers, fine Furniture, Triton club etc)

At 1000, 11 May 2013, in conjunction with Wandi Wood Turners, Derek Doak is hosting an open day at his Naval Base Timber depot. The event is scheduled from 1000-1300.

Derek has a huge range of spectacular timbers and burls in slab, board and turning blanks, all kiln dried and dressed so you can appreciate the grain and colour. He has a Lucas Mill and band saw on site.

Wandi wood turners will host a sausage sizzle on the day.

His website is The Timber Bloke Timber supplies, slabs, burls, furniture grade timber (http://www.thetimberbloke.com.au/)

Address 20 Lionel St Naval Base WA 6167
As a consequence of his milling activities, he has a huge amount of sawdust and his happy for you to take as much as you like, bring a bag bring a trailer.

For further enquiries, please contact either Derek, Wandi Wood turners committee or me (0427 739 178)

To give you an idea of the quality of the timbers, I normally don't buy any timber as I cut my own, but I have bought some stunning timbers as I couldn't bear the thought of leaving them there.

Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

Willy Nelson
16th April 2013, 09:29 AM
bump