PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 788 scroll saw

Hobbyhorse
30th April 2005, 05:48 PM
Can anyone tell me where to purchase a DW788 scroll saw? The Dewalt agents here in New Zealand do not carry them and the Australian agents tell me they also do not have them. I have tried a number of the Dewalt agents in Europe and still no luck there. It almost seems that they only make them for the American market with 110 volt 60Hz motors.

Rhys H.

Tikki
30th April 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi Rhys and welcome :)

The Dewalt Australian website shows the model DW788-XE as available.
Here's a list of the Dewalt stockists in NZ, surely one of them would want your business and order it in for you.
http://www.acourt.co.nz/BRAND/P0151.HTM

Good luck
Tikki

Hobbyhorse
30th April 2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your reply Tikki.
I Emailed Dewalt Australia a couple of weeks ago and notwithstanding the entry on their website which shows availability, they advised me that they do not carry them. Further, I was told that there is a minimum order thus they can not order a single unit...All very frustrating!!
Rhys H.

Tikki
30th April 2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Rhys

I will make a few enquiries for you on Monday. One of the scrollers here bought one recently, someone may still have stock. What's the difference between the 788 and the 788-XE?

Regards
Tikki

Hobbyhorse
30th April 2005, 08:51 PM
Thaks Tikki I would appreciate your checking things out. I do have to say that I do not know what the XE signifies.

Regards,
Rhys H.

morry
1st May 2005, 07:58 AM
It Could stand for Xtra hard to get one

Tikki
2nd May 2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Rhys

Have located 2 x DW788's at the Dewalt Service Centre in Adelaide.
Ph: 61 8 83710155
Email: [email protected]
They are rebuilds with 12 mth warranty and 12 mth free servicing available at all service centres including NZ. One has a damaged carton. They have offered a special price of $750 per unit (normally $850).

Regards
Tikki :)

Iain
2nd May 2005, 01:41 PM
Pretty sure that the motor is a DC unit, apart from that I'm sure you won't be dissapointed as it's a great saw.
Just hope that tax, duty and freight don't kill the deal, although Dewalt should be able to knock off 11% for the GST component.
Good one Tikki :) :)

Hobbyhorse
3rd May 2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks Tikki for doing the leg work for me. I will send off an Email and see what can be arranged. Again, many thanks!!

Rhys H.