PDA

View Full Version : price of ajistment for sheep

chuck1
14th April 2013, 08:45 PM
I have acquired some acres and people want to run sheep on the 6 arces. is there a going rate or is it by negotiation? have been offered $3.60 a week per sheep but they wanted to run 47 lambs which seems excessive for 6 acres. any feed back would help!

Avery
14th April 2013, 09:39 PM
I have absolutely no idea, but...

apparently, in New Zealand they can run over 200 sheep to the acre - even more outside the big cities

Sorry...

wheelinround
14th April 2013, 10:08 PM
I know what LOML would be saying and thinking fine wool for spinning.

Maybe a compromise could be reached as a sheep or two for the freezer.

Oh and rustlers still exist and agisting would be a good way to cover their tracks.

chambezio
14th April 2013, 11:10 PM
You don't tell us where you are. What is the feed like? Is there plenty? How about water? if the feed is good and there is a likely hood of it staying that way, then 47 lambs could do alright. If the feed is only sparse it won't take too long before they will be pushing your fences to go next door for a feed.
If the lamb owner is happy to leave his mob and pay you $3.60 each I would be happy to take his money. Make sure you don't have to do the looking after though. They would need to be checked every few days just to sure there is no "unrest in the camp". Also you need to make sure there will be no dogs visiting when you are not around. Untendered dogs and sheep are not a good mix

chuck1
15th April 2013, 09:43 PM
southern highlands n.s.w 2dams. one holds water all year round the other goes dry in summer! mixed seasonal feed clover and other grass, some grass is a foot long. already have 2 Angus steers grazing away!