PDA

View Full Version : Had any good drops lately

artme
20th April 2013, 09:02 PM
Tried a Red Knot shiraz from Maclaren Vale earlier in the week.
It was nice enough, good blackberry on the nose and the palate, but just a little on the dry side for me.

Tonight, however a Peter Lehmann Barossa Grenache Shiraz, 2011.!!!:throb::drinks_wine:

Absolutely great drop at about $10 a bottle. Beautifully rounded and creamy smooth! for such a young
red it is astounding. Must buy more, more, more......

steamingbill
11th July 2013, 03:53 PM
Hello,

For approx 20 years I've always liked Oomoo Shiraz its become quite expensive in last 5 years - I used to get it for $10 per bottle and cheaper on special. Nowadays its $10 when on special.

I used to like Penfolds Bin 39 20 years ago as well but it became hideously expensive as it gained popularity.

Am quite surprised at how much I have enjoyed some of the cleanskins (red and white) from local Woolworths shop and their own Select label - all at approx $5 to 10 per bottle.

......... and the Johnny Walker double black is worth a look when its on special at $50 per bottle. Bigger stronger smoky flavour than ordinairy black and not as strong as the really peaty single malts.

Boozy Bill

nrb
11th July 2013, 05:57 PM
Maybe a bit late but have any of you guys/gals tried Shingle Peak a savy fom NZ,BWS have been running a promotion 4 for the price of 2 which makes it around $6.50,very drinkable.
Yes that J walker is good stuff.