PDA

View Full Version : The newspaper has found us

Simomatra
22nd April 2013, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone

Pleased to report that I have just been interviewed by the local press in regards to or Pens for the Troops. Will post the article when it is published A big thanks goes out to all of you for making this possible I am only the co-ordinator

Touchwood
22nd April 2013, 06:42 PM
I am only the co-ordinator

mmmm a bit more than that I think :rolleyes::rolleyes:... also a foundation pen maker for the Troops, a very kind soul who makes additional pens for special requests and an UNREAL coordinator spending his own time and money helping to make this happen. Hope they got a great pic of you for the report!!

JD

Grommett
22nd April 2013, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE="Simomatra; I am only the co-ordinator[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. And I am the tooth fairy.

PenTurner
23rd April 2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah, sure, and I am a monkeys' uncle!!!, thanks for the great work Sam. Amos:):):2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
25th April 2013, 03:27 PM
Well here is the article, they have put it in their words so things are not as what I told them but they got the story across, which is the main thing. Once again many thanks to you all to make this all possible. I hope the troops have received their pens in time for today

A Duke
25th April 2013, 05:32 PM
:2tsup:
Good on you all.
I know you pen makers cop some flack at times, but I think most of us are impressed and quite proud of you.
Regards

Nai84
26th April 2013, 08:24 PM
Awesome top stuff :-)

PenTurner
26th April 2013, 09:54 PM
Sam, that is absolutely wonderful, please put it on the FaceBook page also.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:Amos:)

Simomatra
27th April 2013, 09:32 AM
Sam, that is absolutely wonderful, please put it on the FaceBook page also.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:Amos:)

Amos I have ut the link to this thread there is that enough?

PenTurner
27th April 2013, 01:18 PM
Sam, I will see what I can do to post it on FaceBook also, sometimes people do not follow through on links, Amos:)

Simomatra
27th April 2013, 03:41 PM
Sam, I will see what I can do to post it on FaceBook also, sometimes people do not follow through on links, Amos:)

Thanks Amos

Brosh
27th April 2013, 07:54 PM
Bruce
My son (an Army Captain) is currently in Afghanistan. I just like the idea of your pens - I would be happy to cut the blanks (size???) from yellow box that is grown on our property (and is dry). The other timber I have dried is e.punchata (grey gum) - I would be happy to thickness a number of blanks from each species and send them to you if they are suitable. I just feel that for my son to receive a pen which had "sourced from Muldurie" (his home) would give him a real touch of home.

Regards
Brosh

Grommett
27th April 2013, 08:06 PM
Pens with a history are that much more. Look at Maplemans Crowe Ash donation. That bit of history adds so much to what otherwise could be a technical exercise in penmaking.

Brosh
27th April 2013, 08:31 PM
Sorry grommet - I'm not good at cryptic crosswords - you need to spell out what you mean

Brosh

Grommett
27th April 2013, 08:42 PM
Mapleman has donated some Crowes Ash pen blanks to the cause. He milled these from a tree planted in 1921 to honor a WW1 vet. Check out his post for the history, as far as is known, of this digger.

Brosh
28th April 2013, 08:35 AM
Thank you - I'm right out of WW1 vets here. However my offer still stands if my less-famous wood is suitable.

Brosh

Simomatra
28th April 2013, 08:36 AM
Good morning Brosh

Many thanks for that I will send you a PM and we will make sure your son gets one from home, special delivery

Bruce
My son (an Army Captain) is currently in Afghanistan. I just like the idea of your pens - I would be happy to cut the blanks (size???) from yellow box that is grown on our property (and is dry). The other timber I have dried is e.punchata (grey gum) - I would be happy to thickness a number of blanks from each species and send them to you if they are suitable. I just feel that for my son to receive a pen which had "sourced from Muldurie" (his home) would give him a real touch of home.

Regards
Brosh

Brosh
28th April 2013, 09:31 AM
Thank you - pm sent:2tsup:

Brosh