PDA

View Full Version : dead frog pill box.

tea lady
27th April 2013, 02:38 PM
For a friend of mine who is a Terry Pratchett fan. Apparently "dead frog pills" make you think you are sane. (Whether you are a Terry Pratchet fan after that is a question. :D ) Gidgee with hand chased threads and green sparky nail polish in the engraving. I curved the inside of the box so the pills are easy to get out.

L R P
27th April 2013, 03:17 PM
TL
Thats really a nice piece of turning
Well done

:2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th April 2013, 03:47 PM
:2tsup:

Dead Frog Pills are soooo much more effective than Live Frog Pills. You don't become anywhere near as frustrated trying to catch them, for starters. :D

powderpost
27th April 2013, 04:48 PM
Nice job TL. Gidgee is nice for thread chasing.
Jim

turnerted
27th April 2013, 04:51 PM
Looks great TL
Ted

artme
27th April 2013, 05:19 PM
That is great!!!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Bruce White
27th April 2013, 05:42 PM
That is great!!!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

What he said!

tea lady
27th April 2013, 07:53 PM
Nice job TL. Gidgee is nice for thread chasing.
JimStill having way more failures than success with the threads though. Not sure what is happening. Maybe not quite perfectly parallel. :hmm: Might mean Hughie's chasers are better cos the thread is parallel to the handle instead of angled. :hmm: But I like the 20 TPI. 18TPI means the walls of the box have to be too thick.

bench1holio
27th April 2013, 10:45 PM
this is really cool TL!!...how did you do the engraving?

ian thorn
27th April 2013, 10:56 PM
Very nice piece and the threads look great

Ian

TTIT
27th April 2013, 11:07 PM
Most excellent :2tsup: So how many dead frogs can you fit in it anyway :?

tea lady
27th April 2013, 11:11 PM
this is really cool TL!!...how did you do the engraving?Trusty dremel. Green sparkly nail polish dabbed in the lines. Wait till dry. sand back leaving colour onlyh in lines.

Most excellent :2tsup: So how many dead frogs can you fit in it anyway :?The frogs are apparently groud up and mixed with other stuff. ..... Apparently.

dr4g0nfly
28th April 2013, 05:04 AM
TL,

really good inventive piece from the books, knowing the number of Terry Pratchett fans there are, I think you might have a large retail opportunity there.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the vision of you with Sparky Green Nail Polish on!

wood hacker
28th April 2013, 12:21 PM
Beuatiful piece TL. The Terry Pratchet reference just makes it all the more special (yes I'm a big fan of his work).

cheers
WH

tea lady
28th April 2013, 01:00 PM
TL,

really good inventive piece from the books, knowing the number of Terry Pratchett fans there are, I think you might have a large retail opportunity there.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the vision of you with Sparky Green Nail Polish on!My hand looks very out there at the moment cos each nail has a different colour from trying all the greens in the shop.:D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
28th April 2013, 01:06 PM
There's nothing quite like frightening yourself awake at 4am in the morning, only to discover that it's just that the 'clear' fingernail polish your niece practised on you with is "glow in the dark..."

DAMHIKT. :-

tea lady
28th April 2013, 01:20 PM
There's nothing quite like frightening yourself awake at 4am in the morning, only to discover that it's just that the 'clear' fingernail polish your niece practised on you with is "glow in the dark..."

DAMHIKT. :-:rofl:

Glow in the dark would have been great for these frogs, but I couldn't find any at our local $2 shop. :doh: