PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got aqn nswere to one of my problems

SAISAY
7th May 2013, 02:11 PM
I have Parasthesia which means I do not feel pain from sharp, hot or cold.
I have been told to be extremely careful when using tools, they even told me to find another hobby :oo:
As if :(
My Osteoporosis probably means I will not feel pain if I break a bone.
What do you do?
Sit down on the coach, watching boring TV and become a vegetable or follow your passion, take precautions and do what you you can?
On the waitinglist, Yeah right, for the orthopedist to decide whether it is worth it at my age to release the trapped nerves or whether they are already too damaged to save.

BobL
7th May 2013, 08:37 PM
What do you do?
Sit down on the coach, watching boring TV and become a vegetable or follow your passion, take precautions and do what you you can?

That's most unfortunate.
I think I would do the latter - try to use other senses more. . . . .

Don't like the idea of bones breaking. Do you feel pressure as that would seem to be important for basic woodwork.

Good luck with it.

SAISAY
7th May 2013, 10:41 PM
Yes, fortunately I can feel pressure, I just cannot feel pain, so I believe I will be OK :)
Just have to learn to be extra careful.

Sturdee
7th May 2013, 10:42 PM

I would do the latter as well. I found that when I had my major health problems trying to stay active and follow my passions was a great help to overcome my problems. Some days I could do a lot others a little and some days none, but the urge to get better was there.

I know you have different problems then I had but enjoying your passion, rather then vegetate, must help you as well, for the active mind and body is a great healer.

Good luck mate.

Peter.